Data is a strategic asset for Marriott. We are seeking a thoughtful and driven individual who can help define and implement the architecture to take advantage of this asset. This includes enabling real-time insights, machine learning, and massive data processing. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of designing, building, and implementing architectures that are highly scalable, resilient, flexible and enable deeper insights and decisioning from our data. Additionally, this individual will be a key contributor to architecting and implementing our cloud-based data ecosystem to support data processing, machine learning, analytics, and event processing. This resource will partner with delivery teams to implement solutions for our business partners and customers and will also set strageic direction for data capabilities across the enterprise.
Education and Experience
• Undergraduate degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering) or equivalent experience
• 10+ years relevant work experience developing Information, Data, and Analytics Architectures including conceptual and logical diagrams, prototypes, and roadmaps
• 6+ years relevant work with Enterprise Information Management approaches including data migration, transformation and integration strategies, including designing and implementing workflow, logging, and monitoring solutions
• 5+ years relevant work with streaming data applications leveraging Kafka, Spark, Flink, Apex or similar technologies
• 5+ years relevant work with building and deploying applications in Public Cloud
• 4+ years working with various DBMS technologies including RDBMS’s and NoSQL technologies
• 4+ years designing and implementing data governance solutions for metadata management, data lineage, data quality and data security.
• 3+ years architecting and implementing CI/CD pipelines for data ecosystems
• 2+ years designing and implementing master data management solutions
• Expertise with the following data technologies and languages: Spark, Scala, Python, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra, Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, Informatica Power Center
• Demonstrated proficiency with cloud-managed data services such as EMR, GLUE, Athena, Quicksight, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory
• Experience authoring IT standards, frameworks and patterns related to the management of Data
• Experience with Data Visualization, Data retention strategies, ETL, OLAP for both structured and unstructured data
• Experience in the deployment of data solutions in Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and On-Prem environments
• Experience in the design and tuning of high user concurrency and large data volume applications
• Passionate learner who actively seeks to learn about new technologies and approaches
• Active in the Open Source Community
• Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements
• In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Leads and defines the data architecture vision to enable faster, more valuable insights from our data for our business partners and Marriott customers
· Own and define data integration patterns for both batch and real-time data flows to support data exchange, complex event processing, data pipelines and model execution via API’s, data streaming and batch data exchange.
· Define capabilities and architecture to enable data governance across the organization, including capabilities to enable:
o Data Discovery and traceability
o Data Quality Measures and in-process Data Remediation and Correction
o Fine-grained Access Controls
· Defines solutions and patterns that address data usability and lifecycle management
· Leverages short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and advance the overall data capabilities
· Conducts data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
· Identifies and develops opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement
Enterprise Planning & Execution
• Development of Enterprise Information, Data, and Business Intelligence Target State Architecture and Roadmaps
• Understand and evaluate current and emerging technology products and trends
• Develop re-usable design patterns and best practices that can be leveraged by the enterprise
• Socialize and educate the organization including service providers on design patterns that have been developed
• Develop prototypes and architecture artifacts to support projects
• Partner and consult w
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.