Posted January 12, 2021Marriott International
The Global Information Security Engineering team looking for a technical SME for Endpoint Security responsible for the design, implementation, and operational management of endpoint security solutions across multi / hybrid environment that includes on-premise and public Cloud -AWS, Azure.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent experience/certification
· 5+ years of information technology experience, with 3+ years of experience in endpoint security in on-premise and public Cloud environments.
· 3+ years’ experience with design, implementation, review and optimization of endpoint security solutions, e.g. Anti-malware, Endpoint Detection and Response, Application Controls, Host Intrusion Detection / Prevention and Firewalls, Web Secure Gateway)
· 2+ years’ experience with other Endpoint Security technologies such as Crowdstrike, Deep Security, Netskope
· 3+ years working with malware family, attack vector, vulnerability, threat and outbreak containment.
· 3+ years’ experience with multiple Operating System platforms – Windows, Linux, Mac.
· 1+ years’ experience in creating, managing and maintaining endpoint protection security policies in a large, complex environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and the Unix/Linux command line.
· Demonstrated knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as NIST, FIPS-140, CSA, and an understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements for PCI-DSS.
· Functional understanding of scripting languages (Powershell, Python, VBScript, etc.)
· Current information security certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other.
· Analytical/problem solving ability, written and verbal communication skills and relationship management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
· Ability to manage the details and compliance of security controls with standards and regulations
· Technical infrastructure operations, administration, or engineering background
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Endpoint Security Engineering
· Responsible for the design, deployment, and configuration of the Marriott International endpoint security solutions
· Responsible for refining policies, processes and procedures as it relates to the user experience with the software and configurations.
· Evaluate systems with the goal of identifying and remediating existing gaps in vendor solutions and platform technologies.
· Be technically proficient with vendor and open source capabilities available to stay ahead of the threats
· Configuration Management for Windows / Linux / Mac Endpoints using industry standard tools to meet Security requirements that align with CIS hardening guidelines
· Manage the policies of our endpoint security software
· Partner closely with Windows / Linux / Mac Engineering leads to coordinate efforts, initiatives, and roadmaps
· Write scripts/policies that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools
· Lead transition plans for major upgrades or patches for Endpoint Security tools.
· Integrate with other internal systems and tools
· Work as the critical path between various support teams for issues on the client platform
· Drive client security models and standard methodologies in an enterprise environment
· Develop solutions that meet the business needs to complex customer requirements
· Work proficiently with minimal supervision and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
· Work closely with ITS to ensure technical security policy balances security best practices and corporate usability.
· Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
· Assist in developing long-term strategies around securing our endpoints that meets our end user current and future needs.
· Responsible for managing, monitoring and providing key metrics for the Endpoint Security environment.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.