Posted January 12, 2021Marriott International
The Systems Engineer serves as a Subject Matter Expert in a complex array of solutions. An ideal candidate will exhibit strong communications skills, be self-motivated, adaptable and dependable. This individual will play a critical role in engineering and supporting End User Computing’s Cloud and Workplace services as a technical resource. They will contribute in resolving complex issues and providing input for decisions on more complex, non-routine service requests with limited to moderate risk. This role will be called upon can make contributions into research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of systems to meet current and future user requirements. This individual will collaborate on multiple projects to ensure for successful completion.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Provides engineering, oversight, governance and tactical direction related to the cloud and workplace services that are required to enable the delivery of IT services
· Provides input to the overall architecture, operational governance model
· Researches, designs, and tests components that are standards based, high performing, highly available, and secure in delivering the required business functionality
· Educates internal and external users on the technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how to operate and support the technology services
· Performs quantitative and qualitative analyses for service design processes and projects.
· Participates with the Service Delivery and Transition teams in planning and coordinating implementation, reviewing quality control of systems functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation.
· Coordinates with appropriate IT and vendor relation teams.
· Acts as a 4th level of support to cloud and workplace products and platforms.
· Provides early warning to leadership regarding degraded or missed service levels
· Follows all defined standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
· Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
· Follows the defined project management standards and processMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.