The Pastry Cook's responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
1. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
2. Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
3. Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
4. Complete Opening Duties: a. Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies. b. Check production schedule and par. c. Establish priority items for the day. d. Inform the Executive Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
5. Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
6. Inform the Executive Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
7. Inform the Food & Beverage service staff of 86’d items and the amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
8. Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
9. Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually loud. Frequent exposure to fumes, odors, and gases. Occasional exposure to dusts, mists and poor ventilation. Constant exposure to potential mechanical, electrical, burns and radiant energy hazards. Frequent exposure to toxic, caustic chemical hazards.
Equipment Used in Job: Commercial kitchen equipment and cleaning agents
Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, AZ, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval is a top-rated all-inclusive destination resort and spa dedicated to helping guests live life in the moment. Since 1995 the property has been consistently ranked as one of the world’s top destination spas by Travel + Leisure, SpaFinder and Condé Nast Traveler.Offering an array of dynamic growth and development programs, one-of-a-kind, luxurious spa treatments, authentic, flavorful and healthful cuisine as well as an expert staff of renowned wellbeing specialists, Miraval helps to open eyes, minds and hearts. In 2012, the resort unveiled the Miraval Life in Balance Spa, a state-of-the-art oasis designed to transform guests both physically and emotionally.
Miraval began in 1995 with a powerfully simple vision: life is more meaningful and enjoyable when physical, emotional, social, spiritual and intellectual components are in balance. Guided by this philosophy, Miraval Resort & Spa was born in Tucson, set against the Santa Catalina Mountains in the High Sonoran Desert. Guests came to Miraval individually or with family and friends to relax, refresh, and learn to live and feel better. There were no strict regimens. Instead, choice was the guiding principle, with a wide range of programs and experiences designed to create overall well-being and help guests become more aware of themselves and their surroundings – live in the moment through the means that works best for them.
Miraval’s pioneering approach to activities, experiences and personal treatments – enveloped in a high-touch, personalized experience for each of its guests – helped to define the destination spa industry that has flourished worldwide in recent decades and led to Miraval’s top ranking by the most respected voices in luxury travel, including Condé Nast Traveler, Travel+Leisure and SpaFinder, just to name a few.