Posted January 13, 2021Marriott International
The Director, Business Advisory Services is a key member of the CALA Business Advisory organization that provides business consultancy and analytic services, reporting to the Vice President Business Advisory Services. The primary responsibility is to lead complex projects ranging from development of roadmaps to consulting and change management efforts. This position will engage various stakeholders with the global and CALA organizations to identify, plan and locally execute brand, marketing, sales, and revenue management transformational projects that enable successful delivery against the strategic priorities of the Continent. Success in this role requires strong strategic thinking and change management skills, a proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, as well as a willingness to be tested on difficult projects and initiatives. The individual will focus primarily on projects in the following areas:
· Organizational Infrastructure engagements partnering with key discipline stakeholders to assess and optimize the CALA Consumer Operations organization, identify needs, develop and execute organizational initiatives and training programs to support the disciplines
· Change Management: leads the execution of all change management efforts for CALA Consumer Operations across business transformation and improvement efforts
· Performance management projects that enable improved top-line market performance through the planning and execution of innovative demand generation, management, and closure efforts across CALA markets
· Consistent pull-through of enterprise-wide strategies within CALA (e.g., Global Strategic Planning, Marriott Bonvoy Innovation, New Revenue Streams, etc.).
· Consumer Operations Projects: assume positioning as project lead in influencing and managing cross functional projects supporting top-line revenue growth, transformation and innovation in the CALA
Education and Experience Required
· 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
· 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
· 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
Attributes Skills & Experience Preferred
· Prior experience leading the planning and execution of strategic projects and initiatives in the Sales, Rev. Mgt., Marketing & Digital area.
· Design Thinking: Strong at analysis, creative brainstorming, design, end-user/customer segmentation and mapping in order to manage solution-focused problem solving to critical enterprise challenges.
· Advance Facilitation Skills: Manage the design, development, and delivery of complex stakeholder experiences, using design thinking, creativity, and expert communication skills, to deliver powerful, results-oriented meetings and workshops.
· Change and Ambiguity: Able to guide the organization and team in working through unclear situations, challenges and opportunities through strong situation analysis and framing, rapid stakeholder assessments, critical decision making, solution brainstorming, and making data-driven way forward recommendations.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leads cross-functional working teams comprised of senior discipline experts from Human Resources, Finance, other departments within Consumer Operations and the US + Canada to:
· Develop and implement Americas Consumer Operations-related initiatives with minimal oversight, working with CALA leaders to meet project objectives and goals on time and on budget
· Leads execution of overall change management strategy, ensuring implementations are consistent in processes, tools and services provided to customers leveraging Marriott’s change management model and methodology.
· Leads development of and sustains a comprehensive, integrated change management strategy/game plan for all major Sales, RM, Marketing & Digital initiatives/events.
· Adapts change management deliverables and influences to implement change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement to drive faster adoption, and higher proficiency on the changes impacting associates in the organization and ensure consistent market implementation
· Support transformational projects in scope working across functions and disciplines to meet objectives.
· Guide on-going financial and business analysis support to CALA & Consumer Operations leadership to support strategic decision making using the appropriate approaches, systems and resources.
· Deliver presentations related to the strategic roadmap development, project execution and management to senior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., owners, associates, customers).
· Actively engage internal partners (e.g. change management and communications, human resources, OFS) to prepare content for communication materials as needed for deployment of Consumer Operations initiatives.
· Implement monitoring approaches that result in identifying the highest opportunity (markets/scope, etc.) areas for action.
· Manage large and complex business transformational initiatives
Strategic Planning and Execution
Leads initiatives in partnership with the CALA Consumer Operations Leadership team and team to drive change across the organization. Acts as a project leader and day-to-day project decision maker with the following responsibilities:
· Responsible for delivering the results of the project
· Develops and implements integrated programs for key market in response to customer needs, market trends, key competitors, brand direction, and stakeholder needs
· Pro-actively monitors markets across the continent to assess competitive position, build on program strengths and bolster current services
· Provide content direction to the project
· Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide go/no-go decision
· Actively participate in strategy sessions
· Develop & drive implementation plan
· Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.