Leads the efforts to expand the company’s use of technology to enable and achieve the organization’s goals and objectives. Provides strategic view and leads the design, development, and implementation of Hospitality Guest Services and Corporate Systems architectures, roadmaps, and best practices that produces business outcomes. Functions as escalation to resolve governance issues and sets the standards for service providers who are responsible for the actual hands-on delivery of services, managing outcomes and results. Strong focus on defining the Guest Services (In-Property) to ensure the delivery of a consistent and reliable guest experience across brands
Develops and communicates reference architecture documents and product standards and, develops and maintains enterprise technical roadmaps. Provides technical and administrative expertise to Technology Product and Shared Platform teams; evaluates new vendor products and services with an eye for innovation. May lead Enterprise Architecture across multiple domains.
• Minimum 15 years’ in developing strategic plans, business requirement gathering/analysis, and system design and development.
• 10+ years’ experience in varied technologies such as telecommunications, client server architectures, electronic commerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, portals, agile applications, etc.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
• Advanced degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering.
• Experience in leading complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
• Expertise with one or more of the following environments and tools including PMS, POS, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, In-Room Entertainment, SPA, Golf solutions, Loyalty.
• Experience with Financial, HR, and Legal solutions including PeopleSoft, Hyperion.
• Experience in the deployment of platforms in Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, On-Prem, and ASP environments
• Experience in the design and tuning of high user concurrency and high transactional volume platforms.
• A broad understanding of all major technical platforms, technical architecture models; and enterprise architecture strategies.
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
• Solid grounding in core enterprise applications.
• Expert knowledge of programming language capabilities.
• Hands-on experience with application development tools.
• Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice.
• Project planning and management experience.
• In-depth knowledge of architecture standards, methodologies, and processes.
• Understanding of change management and testing requirements, techniques, and tools.
• Experience with network, PC, and/or platform operating systems.
• Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
• Experienced in conducting research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Day-To-Day Enterprise Architecture
· Maintains in-depth knowledge of Marriott’s strategic business plans.
· Documents and develops in-depth knowledge of the Client’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
· Develops and works with the managed service providers to manage the capacity plan.
· Develops and documents technology standards policies. Communicates to and works with the managed service providers to enforce policies.
· Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
· Develops documents, makes recommendations, and communicates plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
· Reviews new and existing IT projects, systems designs, and procurement/outsourcing plans for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans.
· Works with the managed service providers to develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance.
· Provides architectural, standards, and process support for definition and implementation of a consistent technical infrastructure.
· Monitors creation and maintenance of technical roadmaps.
· Leads establishment and communication of architecture standards and tools.
· Establishes and verifies compliance with technical architecture standards, processes, principles, and methodologies.
· Governs and leads global architecture design, frameworks, and integration architecture for enterprise infrastructure in monolithic, distributed, and client server environments.
· Leads the planning and definition of architecture transition plans, both strategic and tactical.
· Leads the review of proposed solution architectures, both service based and custom development, for technical compliance.
· Forecasts needs and skills requirements for technical architecture and design resources based on project priorities.
· Leads architecture risk assessments, documenting
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.