Posted January 13, 2021Hyatt Place Mississauga Centre
We are looking for an Associate Director of Catering and Event Services
We have an exciting opportunity within our events team. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, you would be accountable for developing and executing event sales & service strategies that contribute to the maximization of profitability and guest experience.
You will provide strategic sales and service direction for achieving hotel’s potential in terms of event sales, event customer service and food & beverage business growth.
This role is a critical management position that requires a candidate that is creative, results-driven, passionate about customer experience, and a natural influencer that can lead a team of high performers.
Our Purpose: We care for people so they can be their best
Care comes from a place of empathy and authentic human connection. We care by truly seeing people and getting to know them as unique individuals so we can design and deliver personal experiences. We want to make a difference in the lives of all those we touch: colleagues, guests, owners, operators, community members, and shareholders. Being your best is about being your authentic self in each moment – engaged, fulfilled, and ready to take on the world.
Through our values we put our dedication to caring into action:
• Be inclusive
• Value diverse points of view
• Care for people and your environment
• Tell and accepting the truth
• Honor your commitments
• Take ownership and acting with pride
• Let actions speak for themselves
• Share the credit
• Put others first
• Truly listen
• Respond with compassion
• Walk in the shoes of others
• See things anew
• Fail often to succeed sooner
• Be curious: learning & relearning
• Care deeply
• Thrive as part of a team
• Pay exacting attention to details
• Create emotional connections with our guests
• Be strongly committed to Hyatt Place Mississauga and Luxe Convention Center's success
• Develop and implement specific strategies to increase event bookings and food and beverage sales
• Accountable for aggressively pursuing hotel event revenue targets and holding team accountable for meeting expectations
• Monitor and document event team activities and make necessary changes to ensure achievement of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and fiscal revenue targets
• Utilize event tools and systems to accurately report, forecast and communicate data to drive hotel revenues & customer service results
• Perform prospecting activities for event business through solicitation, site visits, tastings, business and industry events, etc.
• Provide an impactful presence in the local market on a weekly basis to maintain existing and key accounts as well as acquire new business
• Responsible for ongoing training of all direct reports and ensure all brand and department-specific training requirements are met
• Promote collaboration and a positive, professional work environment
• Apply proper communication and planning with other departments to ensure guest requirements are met
• Apply effective leadership techniques within the events team to promote a results-based culture
• Achievement of banquet food & beverage revenue goals as set forth in the hotel’s budget
• Identifies opportunities to increase on-going and additional revenue streams and creates value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change
• Develop strong partnerships with local and external organizations to further brand/product awareness
• Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in establishing event sales quotas and driving performance with sellers to ensure goals are achieved
Why Hyatt Place Toronto/Mississauga Centre
We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
WE ARE ENERGIZING: When speaking with our guests, we are dynamic, refreshing and stimulating
WE ARE CLEVER: Here, we do things the smart way, not just the way they’ve always been done before. We’re always thinking one step ahead, satisfying guests’ needs in unique, delightful and surprising ways, as they go through their day.
WE ARE CONFIDENT: We’re innovators and experts at providing the experiences, care and amenities our guests want, all delivered with enthusiasm and pride. They can feel relaxed and confident because we’ve got everything covered.
Hyatt associates work in a 24/7 environment that demands exceptional performance and shifts that may change due to business needs, yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity.
• Minimum 4 years of previous events/sales experience in the hospitality industry
• Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree preferred
• Excellent communications skills – interpersonal and written
• A proven record of results-oriented leadership and team development
• Excellent computer skills and experience in MS Office, PMS, and related events applications
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
• Strengths in innovation, energy, and results-orientation
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
The ideal candidate will be energetic and possess a drive for achieving high results with a passion for leading a team of high performers.