Posted January 13, 2021Marriott International
The Senior Manager, Emerging Digital Products is responsible for supporting efforts to grow Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) digital product. HVMI is Marriott’s first step into a rapidly evolving and important industry, and this person will have a critical role in shaping Marriott’s place there. This person will be involved in the product end-to-end, from product discovery and user story refinement, all the way through to supporting engineering, sales, marketing, continent teams and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
You will demonstrate management skills and leadership through hard lines and dotted lines and foster a team spirit and a highly collaborative environment, working with cross-functional teams to solve problems quickly, while providing strategic solutions. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity and making data-driven decisions with incomplete information, analytical, and has strong inter-personal skills.
Education and Experience
· Four-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related major
· 6 years’ experience in the digital, business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
· 1-3 years of product management experience
· 1-3 years of commerce experience
· Experience with digital product management and/or software development
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results under challenging conditions, particularly when faced with complexity, ambiguity, and aggressive timelines.
· Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practice.
· Has built product/feature roadmaps and delivery schedules
· Ability to see the big picture and break down product delivery into manageable technical implementations while delivering value and moving towards the final goal.
· Ability to pivot from existing plan to address any unforeseen circumstances and maintain calm within the development team.
· Ability to identify new opportunities to drive better customer experiences and/or incremental revenues
· Excellent communicator, both written and spoken. Must be able to explain product vision, business objective, technical feasibility, define requirements, and technical implementations.
· Strong problem-solving skills and able to get into the technical weeds to come to a solution.
· Familiarity with Adobe Analytics and Project/Program Management experience is a plus.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Help define product initiatives for new features and optimizations of existing ones, and incorporate them into product roadmaps.
· Partner with UX and Technology to create, evolve, and refine solutions to guest and business opportunities on the HVMI platform.
· Support the definition of digital business requirements and development of the product roadmap.
· Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wireframes, product requirements to support development.
· Coordinate backlog for defect resolution.
· Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, competitive and market analysis, and company goals to drive prioritization of product initiatives
· Understand, manage, and communicate prioritization of features, with a mind toward user and business benefits and tradeoffs. Identify market opportunities and define product strategy to reflect those
· Manage and understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and make data driven decisions.
· Support aspects of the digital site including overseeing SLAs with partners and reporting/analytics.
· Support delivery of digital roadmaps aligned with enterprise growth initiatives (e.g. Experiences & Marketplaces).
· Investigate and support resolution of reported platform and site defects.
· Manage regularly occurring site updates and requests.
· Perform User Acceptance testing per release requirements.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
· Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
· Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
· Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
· Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities
· Ability to solve problems quickly, think strategically, and drive data-driven decision making
· Demonstrated comfort with generating and communicating strategic analysis and business insights
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and aggressive timelines
· Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
· Strong interpersonal skills and success in cross-functional relationship-building at all levels, ability to drive consensus through influence and fact-based approach
· Effective written and oral communications skills with sensitivity to global communication needs
· Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm in leading and influencing teams
· Proficiency in Office software products and digital collaboration tools
· Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication –Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.