Reporting to the Vice President of Food & Beverage, the Director of Catering will be responsible for the overall operation of the Catering Department, attaining the highest standard and efficiency. The Director will provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction on concepts, initiatives and operational decisions that simultaneously result in year over year improvements in customer satisfaction scores, improved product quality, and increased operational profitability. The Director of Catering is responsible for managing and innovating the San Manuel Catering Team with a focus on delivery of high-end event design and premier food and event experiences. Leadership with creative and cutting-edge solutions and attention to detail will drive the success of the department in servicing the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, San Manuel Casino, and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Acts as the point of contact for all catering events from inception to completion including Tribal, Business Committee, Executive Leadership, Marketing/Entertainment, and internal/external. Oversees all event services including Event Center operations? beverage service, concessions, and team members. Coordinates with culinary staff and other departments as necessary to develop creative and innovative menus and events that are competitive with similar industry products. Serves as a liaison between clients, entertainment, vendors and other lateral departments as well as, florists, décor vendors, photographers, and all outside vendors to design and produce best in-class events.
2. Establishes strong rapport with clientele to ensure best in-class service from beginning to end of events. Negotiates and initiates catering contracts with clients and ensures event details, staffing, and menus are clearly communicated and orchestrated with the utmost efficiency.
3. Creates and implements new event themes, concepts, and integrity of design that translate into memorable guest experiences. Maintains knowledge of new and evolving technology in catering/event industry to ensure the department is maximizing efficiencies and providing innovation, and cutting-edge solutions.
4. Manages the requests, proofing and delivery of event collateral (welcome letters, credentials, signage, etc.) with attention to budget. Implements copywriting and editing skills when reviewing collateral, and manages throughout delivery.
5. Maintains occupational knowledge and skills by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes, and conferences. Drives results through staff professional development and appropriate training programs that monitors results through evaluation, inspection, and analysis. Maintains training and certifications applicable to the Catering team members. Ensures all training, regulatory, inventory, and team member documentation is complete and up to date.
6. Prepares, implements, and compiles data for strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, and forecasts; manages and reduces costs and maintains appropriate inventory.
7. Develops, manages and handles financial logistics for events, including: event budgets, monitoring spending during the planning process, and accurately reporting post event expenses.
8. Ensures that vendor contracts are current, copies are maintained, and that all vendors, staff and entertainment comply with the terms of executed contracts/purchase orders. Meets with vendors to assure that company regulations and requirements are being followed and completed. Oversees all services performed by vendors and ensures compliance and product excellence.
9. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!