Posted April 17, 2021San Manuel Casino
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Compliance & Quality Assurance, the Manager of Compliance and Quality Assurance (QA) for Food & Beverage is responsible for coordinating all internal and external audit reviews, reviewing all applicable regulatory policies and practices, and managing all Point of Sales (POS) projects. The Compliance and QA Manager is critical to managing risk and compliance procedures, and assesses the risks associated with Food and Beverage programs, products, and services. This position is a subject matter expert on all Department Point of Sales Systems, and provides upper management with feedback and recommendations for best practices and efficiencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensures work performed by team members meets regulatory requirements, industry standards, practices or expectations set by leadership relative to evaluating program quality and effectiveness, as well as identifying areas for improvement and forecasting future program needs. This requires tracking compliance for all relevant laws and regulations applicable to Food and Beverage, as well as monitoring changes in law or regulations that require updates to policies and procedures. Responsible for planning, measuring and analyzing data, monitoring trends, and evaluating process and service quality and discovered service quality gaps.
2. Maintains POS programming through reviewing POS requests, tracking new items, and increasing efficiency where possible. This includes identifying and archiving arbitrary or old POS items and using consistency when programming in POS.
3. Coordinates with IT to manage all POS upgrades, installations, and maintenance of hardware, software, and related IT equipment while ensuring optimal POS performance, with minimal downtime.
4. Assists in transactions involving compliance issues related to Food and Beverage Department, as well as investigation and evaluation of special situations.
5. Leads and, as necessary, conducts annual reviews of policies, procedures and operation to determine impact and effectiveness of internal controls. Provides recommendations for enhancements and evaluates proposed program changes. Leads in role of F&B Compliance Officer for all enterprise mandatory trainings.
6. Collaborates with stakeholders to resolve any issues related to administration and operational aspects of food preparation, safety, and compliance.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of the Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!