Reporting to the Director of Spa Operations, the Salon & Concierge Manager provides leadership, direction and supervision of their team in the daily operations for the beauty, health and wellness services of the Hotel Salon including, but not limited to, concierge operations, guest experience, retail, beauty (hair and nail care), fitness/wellness and Salon facilities upkeep. The Salon & Concierge Manager is a strategic leader who excels in managing, using creative ways to lead a team, optimize merchandise and service selections, while maximizing Best in Class service resulting in continued sales profit. Additional responsibilities include marketing, operational excellence, budgeting/forecasting and maintaining strong vendor relationships. The Salon & Concierge Manager is also responsible for ensuring clean, sanitary and safe environment and services are provided for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Under guidance of Director of Spa Operations, manages and upholds Salon and Concierge areas of Spa Department’s business plan to support enterprise initiatives, enhances guest experience, financial planning and profits, team member development, effective schedules, retention strategies, and operational excellence. Oversees day-to-day Department operations including product receiving, fulfillment, training/certification requirements, compliance, accounting, vendor selection and management, and strong service center collaboration.
2. Hires, trains and supervises Spa Operations Department’s Salon (hair and nail care), Concierge, Retail and Fitness team members including recognition, coaching/counseling, and corrective action. Effectively leads and advises in hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Uses effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure hiring and retention of qualified and efficient team members.
3. Creates environment that motivates team members to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Develops high-performing team through thoughtful team member professional development, effective timely performance assessments and productive workflow processes. Identifies and provides feedback on objectives, and assesses performance and service excellence. Creates compliance culture within San Manuel and fosters an environment where team members feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Promotes excellent guest/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all guest and team member concerns.
4. Collaborates and advises on ongoing development and positioning of Salon, retail, fitness and front desk offerings in terms of overall concept definition, philosophy, service and product offerings. Reviews and refreshes product offering in line with current guest and industry global trends - anticipates and sets future trends.
5. Maintains high-performance work environment and provides leadership throughout areas of responsibility to insure optimum internal and external partner relationships. Works collaboratively with other departments to create unique events and promotions to attract high-level Casino guests. Proactively identifies various market opportunities; makes recommendations to Director regarding visual, branding and marketing strategies.
6. Manages and leads annual budget and forecasts. Responsible for Inventory, Revenue and Margin Management related to Spa Salon service, retail, front desk and fitness/wellness. Leads Spa Salon, Retail, Concierge & Fitness team in tracking, monitoring and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
7. Oversees cleanliness, health and safety of all Spa facilities/Salon, retail area and dispensary for professional Spa products. Ensures all team members are trained and following proper State and industry health and safety regulations, and operating per Department and enterprise policies and procedures. Partners with Compliance Department to develop, review and implement Department policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Manages strong loyalty wellness membership, as well as fitness/movement programs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!