Reporting to the VP of Retail & Spa, the Director of Spa Operations provides leadership, direction and supervision of the Spa team members responsible for the daily operations of the spa, including, but not limited to, front desk/reception operations, treatment interactions, guest experience, retail, salon, fitness and facilities. The Director of Spa Operations is a strategic leader who excels in crafting and managing a vision with creative ways to lead a Spa management team, optimize merchandise and treatment selections, and maximize best in class service, resulting in continued sales profit. Additional responsibilities of the role include marketing, operational excellence, budgeting/forecasting and strong vendor relationships. The Director of Spa Operations is also responsible for ensuring a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develops the Spa Operation Department’s business plan to support enterprise initiatives, enhance guest experience, financial planning and profits, team member development, retention strategies, and operational excellence.
2. Hires, trains and supervises Spa Operations Department including recognition, coaching/counseling, and corrective action. Conducts interviews for all management positions. Effectively advises in hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Directs and instructs management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure hiring and retention of qualified and efficient team members.
3. Creates environment that motivates employees to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Develops a high-performing team through thoughtful team member professional development, effective timely performance assessments and productive workflow processes. Identifies and provides feedback on objectives and assess performance and service excellence. Creates a compliance culture within San Manuel and fosters an environment where team members feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Promotes excellent guest/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all guest and team member concerns.
4. Oversees ongoing development and positioning of Spa offerings in terms of overall concept definition, philosophy, treatment & menu offerings. Reviews and refreshes Spa product offering in line with current guest and industry global trends - anticipates and sets future trends.
5. Maintains high-performance work environment and provides leadership throughout areas of responsibility to insure optimum internal and external partner relationships. Works collaboratively with departments to create unique events and promotions to attract high-level Casino and Hotel guests. Proactively identifies various market opportunities; makes recommendations to management regarding visual, branding and marketing strategies
6. Responsible for development of Spa annual budget and forecast. Responsible for inventory, revenue and margin management related to spa service, salon service, retail, spa facilities (including pool operations). Leads Spa management team in defining, tracking, and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
7. Develops, reviews (with Compliance Department) and implements policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures. Monitors and ensures all Spa team members are properly trained to adhere to health and safety regulations from the Health Department, San Manuel policies and procedures, as well as industry-specific regulations for health, safety, and cleaning and sanitation. Oversees all day-to-day department-related operations including retail receiving, fulfillment, compliance, accounting, vendor selection and management, and strong Warehouse collaboration. Oversees cleanliness, health and safety of all spa facilities, retail area and dispensary for professional Spa products.
8. Curates strategic, favorable and marketable membership, and wellness and fitness programs.
9. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!