The Casino Accounting Department’s Manager of Operations is responsible for all areas relating to revenue reporting and is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures (to ensure accurate recording), and verifying, allocating and posting of revenue transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and established policies and procedures. The Manager of Operations directly supervises the Audit Supervisor(s) and indirectly supervises the Audit Team. The Manager of Operations is responsible for managing the team to ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Manager of Operations creates and addresses strict deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including revenue reconciliations, audit preparation and the oversight of the team’s compliance with Nation Indian Gaming Commission’s Minimum Internal Control Standard (NIGC’s MICS) and the San Manuel Gaming Commission Regulations (GCR) requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Reviews and recommends improvements to Accounting function of identified support operations i.e. Hotel, Spa, Retail, F&B, Entertainment, Valet, etc. Works closely with other Managers of Operations in regards to all other audits. Oversees Department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Works with Audit management group to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of the revenue journals within deadlines set by upper management. Obtains and demonstrates a thorough understanding of state and federal regulations. Monitors appropriate solutions to enhance and integrate with other Financial, Operational, and Information Technology audits.
2. Responds to inquiries from Controller of Operations, Vice President of Accounting and managers enterprise-wide regarding revenue performance and flow. Works with Controller of Operations to coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors/Gaming Commission and regulators to respond to schedule requests related to operations.
3. Monitors direction of Audit management group, and assists in overseeing Audit function of Accounting to ensure day-to-day operations of revenue cycle is audited and analyzed. Responsible for overall development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance workflow of Department. Advises Controller of Operations on progress to enhance professional development of Audit Team. Oversees coaching and mentoring of Audit management group and Audit Team to implement goals and objectives for each year.
4. Responsible for maintaining exceptional, constant, and effective communication with other departments regarding changes in day-to-day operation. Supports management group by ensuring necessary tools are available to complete daily tasks. Collaborates with other department managers to support overall departmental goals and objectives.
5. Responsible for managing any new or significant projects through project life cycle within set timeline and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating efforts of team members, other Casino departments, and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Defines projects’ objectives and oversees project quality throughout its life cycle.
6. Supports Controller of Operations with special projects and workflow process improvements.
7. Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine revenue transactions. Enhances and maintains open, comprehensive, and effective communication between all Audit Team members.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!