The Lead Food Server is responsible for the functional supervision of a team of Food Servers providing training, monitoring, and assistance with operational issues. This position is primarily mobile, proactively visiting food stations and guests, providing direction and support to team members and ensuring excellent customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducts daily shift meetings in the absence of the Supervisor. Monitors team members for quality service standards, service delivery standards, level of professionalism, personal appearance and adherence to proper procedures standardized by management. Oversees the assignment of team member sections and ensures that all sections are sufficiently covered; enforces a daily rotation including breaks making sure to maintain adequate coverage on the floor at all times.
2. Promotes and provides exemplary food service to San Manuel guests using proper serving techniques according to Department policies and procedures.
3. Provides training to team members on departmental policies and procedures as well as, the necessary training on Point of Sale system to familiarize with the fundamentals of the system.
4. Cleans, organizes and prepares immediate workspace and adjacent areas before, during and after the shift. Enforces all San Manuel and Health Department safety, health and security rules, and ensures exceptional customer service standards are being consistently being met; immediately informs Supervisor of all safety, security, customer, or employee concerns or incidents. Monitors and maintains the cleanliness of facility and confirms that all appropriate side work duties are being performed.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the Department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!