The Lead Steward is primarily responsible for assisting in the cleanliness of the kitchen, service pantry, silver, china and glassware. The Lead Steward operates in representation of the Stewarding team?s best in class culture, while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community?s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Directs, assists, supervises and trains all Utility Workers in maintaining all culinary work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Coaches, monitors, and develops team members for improved performance. Responsible for enforcing current health and safety regulations/guidelines. Delegates shift station responsibilities and supervises kitchen when called upon. Ensures team members are in compliance with uniformed appearance standards while on duty.
2. Trains team members in chemical usage and appropriate food handling practices. Practices safe food handling and sanitation duties as directed by management.
3. Takes inventory and submits to supervisor for order requests. Reports any equipment malfunctions; maintains station in a neat and orderly manner.
4. Proactively assists other team members as needed without being asked. Follows-up on projects in a timely manner and complies with departmental policies as well as with company rules, regulations, and policies set forth in the employee handbook.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!