Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Training Manager, the Food and Beverage Training Supervisor is responsible for the efficient scheduling and oversight of reporting team members in order to continuously improve the quantity and quality of work done to ensure efficient and economical work operations. Supervisory functions for the Food & Beverage Training Supervisor include a range of duties and responsibilities for planning, organizing, and dealing effectively with team member-management concerns, while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community?s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Determines materials, equipment and facilities needed. Ensures cleanliness, organization and preparedness of immediate workspace and adjacent areas. Ensures safety and security standards are in place and followed by all team members.
2. Has a relentless focus on guest service. Delivers the best in class service to all guests and follows up with team to ensure they are creating an inviting and memorable experience.
3. Explains and gains support of team members for management policies and goals (ex. cost reduction and safety). Works to achieve objectives of enterprise personnel programs and policies.
4. Effectively resolves complaints, grievances, and other matters involved in the day-to-day administration. Notifies superiors of any problems or concerns.
5. Assists with new and existing team member training. Creates a positive learning environment by delivering clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching.
6. For kitchen areas (all kitchens), responsibilities include meeting and maintaining all safety and health requirements according to applicable safety and health codes and ensuring food is prepared and served in a healthy, safe and timely manner.
For floor areas (all customer-occupied floor space), responsibilities include meeting and maintaining all safety and health requirements according to applicable safety and health codes and ensuring food is served in a healthy, safe and timely manner. Also responsible for maintaining professional customer service standards as stated in our mission, vision and values contained in the Food & Beverage Department Handbook.
7. Advises management on participation in the: establishment of program production goals, priorities, and major work schedules; development of cost and budget analyses or forecasts; determination of long-range manpower requirements.
8. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Directs and supervises management, individual contributors and front line employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the enterprise?s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!