Under direction of designated venue Sous Chef, the Cook III leads all cooks in production and preparation of food/menu items for guest consumption on designated shifts; ensures that cooks utilize only approved recipes, cooking methods and ingredients as set by Food & Beverage/Culinary Management; repositions cooks, when needed, to ensure time goals for operations are met; maintains all food, equipment and kitchens to set health codes and casino standards; maintains positive, team oriented and accommodating attitude toward guests (internal as well as external), fellow team members and management at all times.Under direction of the Sous Chef, the Cook III (Specialty Cook) prepares specialty cuisine items for guest consumption on designated shifts. The Cook III utilize specialty skill sets in specific cuisine and uses only approved recipes, cooking methods and ingredients as set by Food & Beverage/Culinary Management. This position maintains all food, equipment and kitchens to set health codes and casino standards. The Cook III maintains a positive, team oriented and accommodating attitude toward guests (internal as well as external), fellow team members and management at all times. The Cook III operates in representation of the culinary team?s best in class culture, while championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribal Community?s vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists with maintaining designated workstation throughout all levels of business flow; ensures that recipes, flavor profiles, consistency in quality, appearance and production time frames are adhered to for all menu/food items being produced on assigned station; ensures food service lines are fully stocked for forecasted business flow and restock before end of shift.
2. Possesses an advanced knowledge of basic and specialty food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.), and standard food production equipment; possesses excellent knife skills and is responsible for understanding and performing advance and specialized cooking methods. Responsible for multitasking within those basic cooking methods to ensure no interruption in servicing of the guests.
3. Possesses good understanding of the food rotation method ?FIFO? and is directly responsible for ensuring labels and dating all food items on their designated stations as well as the kitchen as a whole. Ensures all food items are within expiration dates or if not that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets. Possesses the ability to read recipes, production lists and any other necessary collateral paperwork, such as diagrams and logs, to be able to perform necessary duties as well as explain to and train cook staff on how to use these items efficiently.
4. Reports any injuries, accidents or possible unsafe work environment issues to management immediate when identified, at all times.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!