Under the guidance of the Landscape Supervisor, the Integrated Pest Management Technician establishes and utilizes integrated pest management strategies to develop systems and protocols that result in disease and insect pests below the respective economic thresholds. The Integrated Pest Management Technician is responsible for completing all necessary applications to ensure safe use of products and techniques, and compliance with all applicable laws and safety policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for observation of and preventative care to address potential risks to plant health (i.e. pests, disease, environment). Coordinates all spray activities (including equipment, materials, training, monitoring and problem solving) to achieve goal of each application.
2. Demonstrates innovation by staying aware of emerging trends and recommending new processes, products, training opportunities and techniques for increase of plant health, lower costs, or improved skills.
3. Ensures all applications are completed in accordance with label/directions; achieving desired results. Prepares/mixes cleaning agents and bio pesticides as needed. Keeps accurate records of all chemicals and applications, to include dates and areas applied. Completes inventory and submits supply orders. Receives and inspects all items as they are delivered. Works closely with Department safety team to ensure all chemicals are properly approved to be used on property.
4. Uses a variety of manual hand tools and equipment to complete tasks. Ensures proper care and safe use of equipment and supplies, and reports lost or damaged equipment/ tools.
5. Maintains cleanliness and order in all public and common work areas. Inspects work areas to identify potential safety hazards. Follows all enterprise and Department safety policies and all job-specific policies and procedures.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficient operation of Department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!