Marriott International is the world’s largest hospitality company with over 7,000+ properties operating across 30 brands in 131 countries and territories and has earned the trust of millions of guests to help them connect, experience, and expand their world.
As part of the Global Information Security organization, the Marriott Cyber Incident Response Team provides industry-leading response with hands-on analysis using a variety of tools and methodologies to help identify, respond, mitigate, and protect against threats to our corporate environment, hotel properties, and guests. Our world class incident responders are able to resolve security incidents quickly and efficiently at scale to reduce to the impact of security events and incidents, including investigation, containment, and eradication.
The Marriott Incident Response Team is seeking a Senior Cyber Incident Response Analyst with experience responding to both existing and emerging threat actors, as well as experience identifying attacker tools, tactics, and procedures by analyzing data from a variety of sources and tools. You must be able to understand attacker behavior, participate and manage security events and incidents, and help train and mentor other analysts. The successful candidate will possess current technical skills, strong communication skills, and be able to manage multiple investigations with often tight deadlines.
If you are interested in helping protect one of the world’s most renowned and recognized brands, and investigating some of the world’s most advanced threats – this opportunity is for you.
What You Will Do:
· Conduct host forensics, network forensics, and log analysis in support of incident response investigations
· Handle escalations from internal and external sources to quickly triage and respond to threats as needed
· Utilize our technology platforms and security controls to conduct large-scale investigations and collect and examine endpoint and network-based evidence and artifacts
· Develop and present comprehensive reports for both technical, executive, and non-security stakeholder audiences
· Implement strategic projects and initiatives that advance the maturity and capability of the Incident Response team
· Mentor, train, and provide feedback to other analysts to advance their skills and enable new ways of monitoring and detecting threats
· Work in a flexible environment, including shift work, as required to meet business and operational needs.
· 5+ years’ experience in the cyber security field
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, SIEM, and EDR technologies (Splunk, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc.)
· Thorough understanding of Windows environments and related security controls (IDS/IPS, AV, Proxies, Firewalls, etc.)
· Experience with the following:
o Windows log analysis and memory forensics
o Network traffic analysis and log analysis
· Ability to effectively collaborate and work in a remote environment (work from home)
· Effectively communicate investigative findings to technical staff, executive leadership, legal counsel, and other stakeholders
· Develop documentation that explains technical details in a clear, concise, and repeatable manner
· Strong time management skills to balance multiple activities and lead junior analysts as needed
· Security Certification (i.e. CISSP, CISA, Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security +)
· Experience writing scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance the investigative process
· Experience responding to cyber events in public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
· Red Team skillsMarriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.