Posted February 22, 2021JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa
MARKETING & PR SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Communication Manager, the Marketing & PR Specialist supports in the execution of all Marketing, PR and Communication projects and initiatives; managing multiple projects at the same time will be the norm and the candidate will have to successfully coordinate with internal teams to provide excellent internal and external communication through today’s modern technology.
His/Her main duties include: PR & COMMUNICATION
- Organization and execution of media visits and journalists stays, in coordination with Resort’s PR Agencies and Marriott PR Italy Team.
- Organization and execution of social influencers visits and stays.
- Assisting and coordinating photography and video production for the hotel when required on an ad-hoc basis, planning photo- and video-shoots.
- Reviewing and sending feedbacks to social influencers and media requests for stays.
- Planning and creation of periodic press releases, in coordination with Resort’s PR Agencies.
- Conducting site inspections for journalists and social influencers.
- Keeping updated press-kits and information to be shared to journalists and media contacts, both in Italian and English.
- Managing the ordinary correspondence with journalists and media contacts, requesting for updated information, pictures and information material about the Resort.
- Maintain the Resort’s press review in good order, sharing proper updates and sending weekly updates to JW Leaders.
- Facilitating the implementation and execution of the Marketing strategy for the property and outlets’ initiatives.
- Updating and maintaining all web and social media channels, both internal and external customer related sites for the JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa, maintaining positive online presence.
- Updating and maintaining all internal communication channels for guests and digital platforms (electronic screens, flyers, etc.), to deliver revenue to internal outlets.
- Uploading offers and proper updates on Marriott.com and standalone web-site.
- Working closely with the Marketing & Communication team to subscribe the Resort in the various Marriott Communication Channels’ opportunities (METT campaigns, MAU, Bonvoy Moments, etc.)
- Implement collateral updates as per JW Brand standards and Brand guidelines.
- Support all Resort’s departments in the creation and order of collaterals and branded material, according to JW standards.
- Keeping updated all flyers, promotional material and the Activity Guide printed on a monthly basis to ensure all in-house initiatives are properly promoted to all in-house guests, in accordance to JW brand standards.
- Adapting branded design templates to the local business including digital platforms, as well as the creation of new concepts, events management and support for Sales and other presentations.
- Preparing comp set reports and share internally periodic analysis, evaluating the market trends.
- Assisting with the day-to-day Marketing and administration activities and procedures in an efficient, punctual and professional manner.
- Development of Partnerships and rental agreements for window cases and exhibitions within the Resort.
- Identify through brainstorming sessions with the management opportunities to execute Marketing projects in line with the Resort’s revenue objectives.
- Organizing and assembling the monthly Owners’ presentation, in coordination with the HODs.
- Assisting photography and video production for the hotel when required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Executing and facilitating the implementation of the Marketing strategy for the property and outlets’ initiatives.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work under pressure and to adjust to flexible working hours
- Positive attitude and team-working spirit
- Proactivity and resilient mindset
- Effective interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and creativity
- Display passion for our guests and enthusiasm for the job
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to priorities tasks and to manage workload using own initiative.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met, delivering a pre-agreed timing plan.
- Excellent computer skills and detailed knowledge of various computer programs, including a strong proficiency of Microsoft Office (full knowledge in particular of Power Point and InDesign) + Adobe Photoshop as a plus
- Fluent in Italian and English, both spoken and written.
- At least 2 years of previous experience as Marketing Coordinator / PR Coordinator; hotel experience is a benefit.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
- High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
QUALIFICATION STANDARDSEducation: Bachelor degree, or similar required, additional education in Marketing / PR / Communication fields preferred.
Experience: At least 2 years of previous experience as Marketing Specialist / Marketing Coordinator / PR Coordinator; hotel experience is a benefit.
This is a fixed-term position for the season 2021.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Settled on its own private Island in Venice, Isola delle Rose, just 20-minute pleasant ride across the Lagoon to central St. Mark’s Square by complimentary shuttle service, JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa is the ultimate luxury retreat for romantic breaks and family escapes. Opened in March 2015, the Resort features 250 contemporary-styled rooms and suites designed by the architect Matteo Thun; five distinct accommodation experiences are at guests’ disposal, located in secluded corners of the Island: the Hotel, La Residenza, La Maisonette, L’Uliveto and Villa Rose. The Resort features 4 restaurants and 4 bars offering both international and local cuisine, Sapori Cooking Academy, the largest Spa in Venice, a romantic Church for events and private ceremonies, kids club and family activities, water sports, a rooftop lounge area with pool offering a dramatic 360 degree view over Venice and the smooth Lagoon, and lush green areas with a combination of tropical and Mediterranean plants.
What makes a workplace feel like home? It’s a place that brings out your best, every day. Because it makes you want to be better, every day. It’s a place where your strengths are appreciated. Where people welcome you as you are. And applaud you for where you’re going. We invite you to search and apply for jobs at Marriott—and discover opportunities to explore whatever inspires you.
So much more than a job
Discover the benefits of belonging to our global family. It’s why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—because this is a place where you can feel at home. And it’s why so many associates refer friends and family members for Marriott jobs—because here, each of us can truly be ourselves.
Since our founding in 1927, Marriott has been known for a culture that puts people first. Working at Marriott opens up a world of experiences, benefits and career paths.
Marriott is consistently recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work,” and we know it’s our culture that makes us unique. Become part of our tradition of teamwork, excellence and community involvement.