MOXY South Beach - located in heart of vibrant Miami Beach – is scheduled to open Early 2021! We are looking for a fun, detail oriented room attendant to be a part of our opening team!
- Maintains the overall cleanliness of the hotel’s public areas by cleaning all assigned areas thoroughly on a daily basis
- Cleans public areas including Floors, elevators, lobbies, hallways, vending areas, service areas, staff member’s restrooms, lounge, rooftop, stairwells, and health club
- Completes work projects as assigned by supervisor and management
- Cleans and polishes floors, windows, mirrors, vending machines, and ice machines
- Vacuums, shampoos, and removes bum spots from carpets as required
- Removes all litter from public areas
- Dusts all spots thoroughly
- Performs other cleaning duties as required
- Uses housekeeping chemicals as necessary to clean assigned areas to standard
- Prevents any damage to the hotel property by exercising proper caution with chemicals
- Maximizes job efficiency and an orderly appearance by maintaining supply cart
- Stocks supply cart correctly
- Places cart and vacuum cleaner according to operational procedures
- Replaces and/or empties vacuum cleaner on a regular basis
- Ensures rapid maintenance and repair of hotel equipment by reporting all maintenance requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow all applicable The Moxy Hotels Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform general cleaning tasks utilizing cleaning products to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Cross-train in the areas of Room Attendant in order to assist during high business levels.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess the basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
Be readily available and approachable for all guests.
Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
Greet guests in public areas of hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
Comply with department uniform and appearance standard