Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Assists in developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Supports supervision of kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Informs purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
Supporting Management of Kitchen Operations
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters of kitchen goals and/or daily kitchen work.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Assists in development of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
• Trains associates in safety procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartment).Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Georgia, you'll be greeted by a shimmering lake and quiet tranquility. At this southeast luxury golf resort, you’ll discover a charming atmosphere, world-class accommodations and personalized service, creating an unforgettable experience. A reprieve at our Georgia resort opens the door to spectacular opportunities for golfing on 5 championship golf courses, a relaxing day of fishing, wandering through antebellum towns or just relaxing at the spa. This luxury hotel's location in Georgia offers an engaging backdrop in the heart of nature. Discover the exciting adventures awaiting you at our world-class spa and golf resort in Lake Oconee, Georgia.Explore our luxury resort's upcoming events and offers in The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation 2013 Winter eNewsletter. The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.