Conrad Nashville which, is currently under construction and due to open in the Spring of 2022 is seeking an Opening Director of Sales & Marketing for the city's newest luxury hotel! This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and assertive Sales Leader.
The ideal candidate will possess strong initiative and desire for personal achievement, while being an engaged and "best in class" team player.
The Director of Sales & Marketing position is responsible for generating top line revenue to meet and exceed budget expectations for this beautiful NEW hotel. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Organize, set up and activate the sales and marketing department.
- Complete opening roadmap activities.
- Position hotel in the luxury sector.
- Achieving monthly top line revenue goals and increasing the STR market share of the hotel
- Proactively selling the hotel through face to face appointments with customers, tele-prospecting, etc.
- Participating in sales blitzes and utilizing available business tools to prospect for new business
- Effectively use all systems to their maximum capacity including information input, reporting, understanding how all systems work together and extracting pertinent data
- Evaluate potential business opportunities for the hotel and presents findings as necessary to the GM, VP of Sales & Marketing and Revenue Manager
- Fully understands Food & Beverage impact on the hotel's overall performance and manages the mix of business accordingly
- Gains contacts and business intelligence and shows community spirit through involvement in appropriate organizations
- Leads by example and trains sales team members to saturate accounts for maximum results
- Participates with the budgeting process for top line revenue, group with Food & Beverage mix as well as sales expenses
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's competitive set and is a "product expert" when selling against them
- Ensures adherence to all sales administrative processes that are in place including preparation and submission of reports or internal communications and meets deadlines
- Builds strong relationships and loyalty with top producing clients and maintains professional integrity
- Effectively recruits, trains and mentors sales team members and fosters strong team dynamics
- Plan, organize, chair, attend and/or participate in various hotel meetings such as: staff meetings, sales meetings, etc. as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to recruit and establish a NEW sales team in all disciplines
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, inclusive of the ability to listen effectively and to speak clearly
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have fully functional computer skills including experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts
- Ability to exercise considerable managerial skills, as the position may involve frequent decisions, meeting of deadlines, negotiations of contracts of vendors, analytical ability and planning, organization development, and coordination of large-scale work projects
- Must be able to effectively work with very little or no supervision
- Must be a leader, a driver and bottom line oriented
- Be well-organized, have attention to detail and have strong client follow-up. Be competitive, self-motivated and a self-starter
- Local market experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management, Travel/Tourism, Sales/Marketing or similar preferred
- 5 years sales management experience in the hospitality industry, minimum 2 years with a luxury property
- Previous experience as a Luxury Hotel Sales Leader with a major luxury hotel brand (i.e. Conrad, Waldorf Astoria, Ritz Carlton) preferred
- Minimum 2 years managing a team of sales managers (including outside/direct sales experience)
- Experience in hotel and brand marketing required
- Some experience or understanding of catering sales required
- New hotel opening experience is beneficial
- Hilton experience is beneficial
- Life and AD/D
- Voluntary Life
- Supplemental Benefits
- Long/Short Term Disability
- Professional Growth and Development Opportunities
- Compensation: Based on Experience
- Travel Discounts
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; bend; walk; use hands or finger; or feel objects, tools or controls; lift boxes (up to 15 pounds); talk and hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to a computer screen.