As a San Manuel Band of Mission Indians’ Leave of Absence Analyst, you will be responsible for managing all Leave of Absence processes as well as providing guidance for effective administration of our programs, policies, and procedures.
This is a very critical role to the HR Department as you will be the subject matter expert and go-to person for our employees and managers. As our LOA-WC Analyst, you will also be assisting with the research of questions from our employees pertaining to leave policies and ensuring forms are collected, recorded, and in accordance with deadlines. We are looking for someone personable and engaging yet knowledgeable and very detail oriented.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Serving as subject matter expert for the leave and workers’ compensation programs in alignment with our HR and Legal departments. Responsible for updating Human Resource staff on state and federal changes related to any regulated leaves. Ensures compliance with administrative documents.
2. Interpreting and administering leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws. Potentially researches and implements a third party leave administrator.
3. Maintains detailed knowledge of disability programs and leaves of absence and answers employee inquiries pertaining to programs, processes, procedures and communications. Provides excellent customer service to employees regarding the leave of absence process.
4. Manages Help Desk tickets for Leave of Absence requests and returns. Approves and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinates and organizes administrative aspect of claims.
5. Tracks and conducts necessary follow up on all LOA inquiries and approved leaves starting at time of request to the time employee returns to work.
6. Self-audits and reviews work to ensure accuracy. Collaborates with payroll, employee relations staff, San Manuel managers and vendors on administration, reporting and analysis.
7. Interprets, updates and understands HRIS data (W-4 changes, inventory & equipment forms, emergency contacts, benefit enrollments, etc.
8. Works with the enterprise Third Party Administrator (TPA) in handling and processing all Workers Compensation related claims. Monitors, reviews, and evaluates the status of claims and performance of the TPA.
9. Updates direct manager on all open Workers Compensation claims on a regular basis.
10. Administers, coordinates and monitors the Return to Work (RTW) program.
11. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!