Under the direction of the Spa Operations Training Manager, the Retail & Spa Training Specialist is responsible for the effective training of all team members within the Spa and Retail Departments. This position is responsible for validating quality of service and operational standards, and providing support to leadership for all training tasks and activities. The Training Specialist works closely with the Training Manager to provide consistency via the San Manuel Casino Service Excellence program to support team members to deliver a Best in Class experience for guests, and remain current in compliance training programs. The Training Specialist additionally plays a role in ensuring a clean and safe environment for all patrons, team members and vendors, while safeguarding enterprise assets and guaranteeing departmental integrity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Works closely with management to document, teach and follow-up with training plans to support Best in Class guest experience efforts across San Manuel Retail and Spa Operations. Promotes positive environment of achievement, recognition, and celebration.
2. Manages and monitors training effectiveness aligned with compliance and state laws regarding spa, salon, pool health standards and programs related to guest experience standards, standard operating procedures/guidelines and onboarding of new team members.
3. Partners with Spa Operations Training Manager to continually observe, inspect, and formally report findings, and make recommendations for leadership assessments and continued training on:
Monitors and records training activities. Maintains current and accurate understanding of Best in Class, Service Standards and guest service expectations, objectives, strategies and operational plans regarding service excellence. Maintains current and accurate understanding of policies and procedures for ensuring and coordinating proper execution of managing service performance systems, reporting, and processing clerical data.
4. Manages compliance of state laws regarding spa, salon and pool health standards, and proper training/certifications regarding team members.
5. Partners with management to report results from customer service surveys and responds to comments provided by guests. Provides input and feedback to all Department leaders on level of service, performance and training provided by team.
6. Monitors and manages training costs and prepares budget reports to justify expenditures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!