Posted February 22, 2021San Manuel Casino
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Tribal Community Services. The Vice President, Tribal Health and Wellness is responsible for the strategic leadership and operational oversight in key functional areas that provide health and wellness support to San Manuel Tribal Citizens and their families (the Tribal Community). This position is highly visible and responsible for executing on the Tribe’s strategic direction and program development. The Vice President values the health and wellness of the Tribal Community and strives to deliver the best services efficiently and effectively. This position leads a team that provides the Tribal Community with services and support, such as a medical clinic, family-based social services, holistic wellness promotional programs, third-party health support, health advocacy, and insurance support. The Vice President also liaises with other essential areas, such as Tribal Community Services, Education, Tribal Court and the Office of the Tribal Secretary to ensure a holistic approach to Tribal services.The Vice President, Health and Wellness aligns with the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that reflects and upholds the Tribe’s vision, mission, and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides the strategic vision, strong leadership, and expert program and project management necessary to create, maintain, and expand the framework of functional policies, procedures, partnerships, and systems necessary to ensure quality health and wellness services to the Tribal Community.
2. Creates and is responsible for overseeing a “Best in Class” health and wellness program that includes both a dedicated Tribal medical clinic and its staff (physicians, nurses, administrative office staff); as well as managing existing concierge programs that provide third-party medical assistance to Tribal families.
3. Provides high-level leadership to a team of health and wellness professionals to provide the most appropriate Western and non-Western treatment modalities in the areas of mental/behavioral health and holistic wellness, as well as vetting external providers to provide similar and relevant services and make targeted referrals for care, and providing educational programs for the Tribal community.
4. Provides high-level leadership to a team of health and wellness professionals, as well as social work professionals, to provide family support in such areas as Child Protective Services, Adult Protective Services, Elder Care initiatives, Temporary Restraining Orders, Supervised Visitation, Indian Child Welfare Act matters, and case management when required by the Tribal Court or other administrative or adjudicating bodies.
Serves as a community health care liaison and advocate with external providers
5. Provides executive guidance and recommendations with respect to navigating the Tribe’s multi-faceted health and wellness programs and opportunities, as well as external health care programs and systems.
6. Manages or works with other Tribal Government departments to assist in selecting and managing Tribal insurance packages, elections, and new memberships.
7. Ensures the collegial partnership with other departments and functions for expedient and efficient Tribal Community services. Develops and maintains a business management approach to track, monitor, communicate and positively influence organizational objectives and goals in the areas and; in collaboration with Tribal leadership, drive department operations to enhance Tribal families experiences with care, improve efficiencies, and support providers.
8. Manages the contractual and working relationship with On-Reservation and Off-Reservation medical providers.
9. Oversees completion of any necessary tasks related to obtaining and maintaining any accreditations and compliance will all licenses, laws and regulations, and standards applicable to the full complement of health and wellness programs offered.
10. Oversees investigations and/or cooperates with any external investigations into complaints or claims related to the program.
11. Performs chart reviews for quality assurance and quality control purposes, as well as auditing purposes, and provides reports as necessary to appropriate Tribal leaders.
12. Oversees overall program budget, procurement, contracts administration, and personnel decisions.
13. Assumes other responsibilities, duties, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
14. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!