Posted February 24, 2021Angel of the Winds Casino Resort
At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Prioritizes and assigns daily work duties and assignments of Jade Fusion staff as needed.
• Assists with cooking and delegates tasks to prep cooks, cooks and kitchen stewards
• Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all deli food menu items in accordance with established recipes and presentation standards.
• Follows all recipes and control standards.
• Procures food from storage.
• Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
• Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
• May order food from suppliers.
• Assists in all areas of food production as needed.
• Uses all kitchen equipment following proper procedures and training.
• Follows all food safety, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines when preparing hot and cold foods.
• Fills food orders from bartenders, Servers and Cashiers and other food and beverage staff.
• Performs as a team member with other cooks, prep cooks, supervisors, servers and other food and beverage staff so as to produce a smooth and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
• Conducts inventory and tracks supplies as needed.
• Trains staff in department policies and procedures as needed.
• Stocks and maintains par levels as well as workstations in the kitchen.
• Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
• Communicates any guest complaints, problems or compliments to a supervisor as soon as possible.
• Works days, nights, weekends, special events and holidays as needed.
• Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• One or more years experience as a cook in a fast food or full service restaurant or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Experience with high volume cooking desired.
• Prior Lead and/or supervisory experience desired.
• Strong organizational and customer service skills required.
• Must be quick and efficient and have the ability to work in a fast paced and multi-tasking environment.
• Positive, friendly and outgoing attitude required.
• Ability to interact positively with guests and co-workers.
• Professional and neat appearance required.
• Strong verbal communication skills required.
• Proven ability to use knives correctly and safely.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Health Card (Food Worker Card).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.