At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Prepares a variety of eggs, meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, sauté, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and approved recipes.
• Knows and complies consistently with all kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area. Follows all food safety, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines when preparing hot and cold foods.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up standards for all dishes.
• Assists in all areas of food preparation and production as needed throughout the casino.
• Assists with banquets and off-site events as needed.
• Opens and closes kitchen properly by following the established opening and closing checklists for kitchen stations.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• A minimum of one-year experience in Asian kitchen preparation and cooking or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Experience with high volume cooking or banquet experience preferred.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive issues and maintain confidentially with strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Health Card (Food Worker Card).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement with the ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.