Immediate openings for housekeeping positions. Are you looking for consistent employment where you're truly a valued team member? We're looking for hard working dependable people to join our Housekeeping team. Experience is a plus but not needed. Full-time or part-time available. Schedule can be flexible but some weekend work is required. We offer our full-time employees benefits after 90 days including insurance and PTO.
In order to apply for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Upon hire you must complete the I-9 form within the first 3 days of employment.
We expect our employees to approach their work with passion, enthusiasm, and attention to customer satisfaction. We also expect our employees to champion, embrace and live the company values: Fun, Accountability, Concern for Others, Continuous Improvement, and Trust. Our values are at the center of everything we do. We use them as guides to make decisions and chart our course on a daily basis.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including weekends/holidays) to meet hotel/guest needs
- Ability to clean a minimum of 15 + rooms within allotted standards consisting of a mix of stay overs and checkouts
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and guests; (i.e. use appropriate language, display proper tone, attitude and body language when communicating.)
- Ability to understand and follow instructions as directed by supervisor/manager
- Reporting to work on time and ready to begin your shift (being tardy places an unfair burden on the team)
- Working Safely is a condition of employment. All employees must follow the safety policies and procedures and immediately report injuries to their manager or manager on duty.
- Performing the job duties as described. (Reasonable accommodations will be considered in accommodating disabilities. If you believe you need an accommodation, please speak with your supervisor, General Manager, or Human Resources.)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with State /Federal laws and hotel policies/ procedures, i.e. Employee Handbook, Safety Policy
- Arrives to work on-time and ready to begin shift. (Follows call-out policy.)
- Arrives to work in appropriate work attire (uniform, foot wear, name tag) neat and professional in appearance
- Seeks approval from management prior to working overtime (i.e. punching in early or staying beyond scheduled shift)
- Acknowledges our guest with a smile and friendly “hello.” Promptly attends to guest needs.
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude while maintaining a high level of professionalism consistent with the company values
- Demonstrates a team behavior and attitude of working together to accomplish tasks (even if outside specific job duties)
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets productivity standards/expectations
- Stocks cart sufficiently based on room assignments
- Utilizes reports from Managers to avoid disturbing guests and maximize efficiency
- Wears protective gear such as gloves, goggles, kneepads, etc. to work safely and prevent injury
- Reports injuries or concerns immediately to their manager, manager on duty or GM
- Removes all dirty linen from beds and bathrooms and assess for blood borne pathogens. (It is the expectation that beds be stripped and refreshed with “clean” linen. Choosing NOT to change bedding will result in corrective action up to and including immediate termination.)
- Removes trash and replace liners where necessary
- Makes beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases, clean mirrors, windows and frames, dust all furniture fixture and frames. Ensure furnishings and fixtures are cleaned and placed properly. (Performs deep cleaning tasks when necessary)
- Cleans entire bathroom including floors, tubs, toilets, sinks and surfaces by kneeling, bending, squatting
- Uses caution when using chemicals. (Do not mix. Label correctly and refer to MSDS sheets before use)
- Cleans carpeting with vacuum and hose attachments for corners and edges
- Turns in all articles found in room to Manager on Duty. Be sure items are properly dated, bagged and tagged
- Ensures all guest supplies are replenished daily consistent, with brand standards
- Verifies items in guestroom are in good working order including TV’s, lights, radio/clocks, hair dryer, coffee makers, A/C, heat
- Timely communicates problems with maintenance that require repair
- Reports to Manager any potential dangers including suspicious behavior, broken glass, leaks, electrical issues, etc. (Do not attempt to dispose of dangerous substance without supervision)
- Promotes security by keeping doors locked, restricting access to guestrooms and keeping keys on person at all times. Keep carts in front of doorways while inside the guestroom
- Reports damage, abuse or smoking in non-smoking rooms to the Supervisor
- Checks climate control for working conditions and leave on appropriate temperature before leaving the room
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ability to work well with others (i.e. interacts/communicates appropriately with guests and team.) Ability to learn/perform tasks efficiently and safely; follow instructions and read safety labels on chemical bottles. Ability to verbally communicate in a warm and friendly manner to our guests and team members.
Experience / Education:
Prior housekeeping/cleaning experience and customer service experience preferred.
This is a very physically demanding job that requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, lifting, twisting and kneeling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.