Under the direction of the Slot Technical Supervisor, the Slot Parts Controller provides administrative and technical support to the Slot Department. The Slot Parts Controller establishes and maintains positive relationships with slot machine and gaming vendors, while managing inventory and service calls efficiently and effectively for Department needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the maintenance and inventory of parts and supplies as well as managing par levels for parts/ equipment. Responsible for frequently communicating with vendors for parts or service calls, requesting quotes, and placing requisitions in a computerized procurement system.
2. Proactively provides Slot Management with updated reports on time sensitive part-orders, trends, problems and concerns about technical and service issues. Creates proper documentation and adequately prepares parts for repair (RMA shipments). Responsible for packing of parts and electronics to be stored or sent to vendors.
3. Works directly with the various gaming vendors to remain informed on industry issues and trends as they relate to slot machine hardware and software development. Keeps current with pricing and availability trends to ensure enterprise is saving on costs where applicable.
4. Reads and translates machine diagrams to correctly identify parts as needed for seamless ordering.
5. Manages input and par levels of slot equipment for slot inventory management system. Organizes and maintains integrity of slot storage and shelving.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum one (1) year experience as a Slot Technician preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend short correspondence and memos.
Ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external clients as well as third-party service/product providers.
Basic level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel required.
Basic level proficiency in an ERP system, Lawson software experience preferred.
Ability to read and translate machine diagrams.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!