Front Office Supervisor - Emeline
We are led by the spirit of Emeline, an intrepid adventurer who after years of worldly travels decided to embrace the historic port city of Charleston as her forever home. Full of grace, grit and determination. Everything is seen through her eyes.
Makeready is passionate about creating and curating memorable and unique experiences for our guests.
We are searching for curious self-starters with a genuine interest in people. These hard working individuals have always had a natural bent toward hospitality, no matter where they worked, because they’ve always seen themselves as part of something bigger.
This individual has a natural ability to brighten a room and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. This innate compassion allows them to connect on a deeper level and cultivate unique, personalized experiences for patrons. Their primary goal is to lead and perform all front office duties including check-ins, checkouts, reservations, guest phone messages and special requests.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Assign and instruct guest service agents in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
- Knowledgeable of room locations, types of rooms available, room rates as well as outlets’ information.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome; Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- lose out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures; is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other team members.
- Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
- Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, holidays and evenings
- Must have previous experience at the Front Desk, preferably in a leadership role in a luxury hotel.
The team member is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Climbing, reading, standing, walking, bending, stretching, and routinely lifting 25 lbs. to 75 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities