The Promotions and Special Events Manager is an integral part of the Promotions/Special Events department and will oversee all Casino Promotions and Special Events to include on-site and off-site events. The Promotions/Special Events Manager’s reports directly to the Director of Promotions and Special Events, and the range of responsibilities will include creation, preparation, operations and analysis of all promotions and special events. The Promotions and Special Events Manager will be responsible for the management of the in-house Promotions staff as well as contracted staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees the development, planning and operations of promotions and special events to ensure proper execution. Prepares Policies and Procedures for all promotions and special events adhering to the regulatory compliance of SMC.
2. Supports the strategic direction of the Promotions/Special Events department, including operating procedures, structure and efficiency in order to provide maximum value to SMC.
3. Collaborates with the Marketing Department to ensure all promotions are properly advertised; advertising support may include posters, banners, signage, flyer, direct mail and other collateral for promotions.
4. Collaborates with the Player Development Director(s) to create and execute special events for VIP patrons. Collaborate with the Guests Services department on all promotions, events and continuity programming to fully inform and engage team on execution of programs
5. Creates Slot and Table tournaments in collaboration with the Slot and Table Departments and Player Development.
6. Creates the strategy for off-site promotions and events and executes them with our sponsorships and community.
7. Responsible for the management of Promotions staff and any additional contracted staff in-house or off property to include hiring, training and all related functions.
8. Provides pre and post-forma Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of all promotions and special events.
9. Creates and distributes to all required support and impacted departments information, procedures and rules regarding promotional needs for on and off-site promotions. Prepares and conducts formal presentations to appropriate teams. Assists with obtaining and training necessary staff for events and promotions.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!