Responsible for the overall effective and efficient management of the Soft Count/Drop Department operations at the property level. Provides leadership to assigned staff, ensuring effective internal and external communications, exercising appropriate judgment and decision making skills, and ensuring that all departmental operations are monitored and conducted efficiently and effectively. The Manager is responsible to ensure daily reconciliation paperwork for the soft and chip count is properly prepared, all information is posted to the on-line accounting system and all discrepancies are investigated and documented. In addition, the Count / Drop Manager must accurately follow all policies and procedures, while ensuring compliance with the Gaming Commission’s Tribal Gaming Minimum Internal Controls (TICS), NIGC Minimum Internal Controls (MICS) and Osage Casinos System of Internal Control Standards (SICS), by studying the standards, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions. The Count / Drop Manager ensures that all Count / Drop team members follow the above requirements.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or substantially related area required.
- Or three (3) years of supervisory experience within the casino gaming industry in count room operations with high volumes of cash processing or in an equivalent area of responsibility.
- Or Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience within count room or gaming operations to include 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience with heavy cash handling, 10-key, and various forms of cash transactions required.
- Ability to balance a high volume of currency on a consistent basis.
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
- Required to maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
- Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
- Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- Conducts at least bi-weekly One-on-One meetings with direct reports, soliciting input from employees.
- On an individual basis or in a group format, explains why, shares information, and communicates the purpose of decisions to applicable staff.
- Ensures company information provided by management is effectively communicated.
- Responsible for overseeing accurate preparation and processing of high volume gaming machines currency and tickets, ATM/Kiosks currency / tickets and Table Games chips, currency, credit markers (as needed).
- Ensures all company funds are accounted, reconciled and reported accurately on a daily basis.
- Responsible for custody of keys used during count. Safeguards enterprise assets and prepares all necessary paperwork to support and reconcile all money and vouchers, collected and counted. Inputs soft count and other financial data into assigned computer system; maintains all automated records; assures accuracy of input data. Maintains records and logs related to the soft count drops, money totals, discrepancies, daily activities and assigned duties. Operates currency counter, computer and assigned software.
- Ensures staff is compliant with operational procedures, processes and regulations.
- Investigates and documents all count variances and posts all necessary reports.
- Confirms all necessary forms of documentation for counts are completed for submission to Revenue Audit, Table Games and Cage Operations Departments.
- Assist assigned staff with accurate preparation of detailed daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as required by the reporting senior.
- Ensures newly assigned staff members are scheduled for and complete departmental orientation.
- Responsible for the selection, training, retention and performance evaluation of all assigned staff. May discipline and/or terminate employees within the area of responsibility, as necessary, and in accordance with authority. May recommend employees for recognition or reward.
- Provides job specific training to all newly hired employees or those assigned to mentor so they may perform their duties in accordance with acceptable job standards.
- Assist to develop and implements staff development plans for those employees who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to grow within the company.
- Visits work spaces, break areas and other work shifts.
- Ensures applicable staff is aware of standards and expectations through publicity around their enforcement and effectively communicates consequences for not maintaining expected standards.
- Ensures all employees within areas of responsibility receive fair and equitable treatment with regard to their respective terms and conditions of employment.
- Trains new employees on job-specific tasks.
- Schedules employees to ensure excellent guest services are maintained in conjunction with efficiency and business needs.
- Forms opinions and makes decisions based on information and the identification of available facts. Makes decisions or draws conclusions using data and information from experience.
- Investigates, evaluates information, and makes final decisions regarding matters within the area of responsibility, guest/employee disputes and/or employee disciplinary actions in accordance with authority and ensures those decisions are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and established controls.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Monitors all relevant activities of the area of responsibility, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the organization, and the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and the Osage Nation Gaming Commission (ONGC) are understood and enforced by all applicable personnel.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Ensures assigned staff is aware of, understand and comply with regulatory requirements and enforces regulatory standards through discipline when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must maintain high confidentiality.
- Ensure Count Room operations are conducted in a secure, efficient and accountable manner in compliance with all applicable procedural & legal requirements, while delivering exemplary levels of customer service.
- Knowledge of both Class II and Class III Slots, Table Games, required and Kiosks drop, count & fill highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Hotel, Retail, Food & Beverage, Cage and Credit preferred.
- Experience with multiple gaming and non-gaming systems such as Konami, Synkros, Casino Cash Trac, Info Genesis, Everi & other Kiosk systems etc. or similar systems
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of staff, communications, decision-making, problem solving, complaint resolution, resource allocation, and customer service are preferred.
- Provides training, support and leadership direction to individuals directly reporting to this position in accordance with the organizational chart.
- Analyze and interpret trends associated with Count Room operations, to maximize favorable employee satisfaction scores and optimizing operating costs.
- Requires knowledge of fiscal programming and budgeting processes necessary to manage and to ensure that budget constraints and program timelines are met.
- Assist to develop and submit for approval annual departmental operating budget and justification assessments.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read Company or departmental reports, newsletters, and documents.
- Perform basic mathematical computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.) to intermediate mathematical computations (probability & statistics).
- Perform assigned tasks under limited supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with executive level management, upper management, supervisory staff, employees, and the general public. Work well alone or within a team.
- Present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Prepare written reports and correspondence as required.
- Utilize MS Office products at basic (create new documents, open/edit existing documents) to intermediate (import/export data, create templates) skill level.
- Exercise sound judgment and solicit assistance for decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- See problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or guests.
- Respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, guests, regulatory agencies, and others.
- Travel locally, regionally, or out-of-state as needed.
- Maintain physical condition and stamina appropriate to performance of assigned duties.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; professional organizations; attending expos/conventions; and developing or maintaining professional networks.
- The employee is also regularly required to stand for extensive periods of time, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit, stoop, kneel, crawl, balance, or crouch while performing duties.
- Ability to use arms to reach and lift above shoulders.
- Must have normal auditory and good verbal communication.
- Ability to lift upwards of 30 pounds. Ability to drag, push, or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is typically performed within a Casino setting. Exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday shifts required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
- The employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between properties and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands.
- The employee may be exposed to risks associated with the use of tools/machinery.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Oklahoma.