At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Maintains a high level of guest satisfaction and quality standards.
• Ensures that each food order sent out is uniform, consistent and meets established standards.
• Observes and tests foods being cooked through various quality control methods (tasting, smelling, etc.).
• Ensures ongoing availability of supplies and food (or approved substitutions) in adequate time for preparation.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of Cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking foodstuffs including delegating prep work to kitchen personnel.
• Cooks and otherwise prepares food according to recipes.
• Ensures workers are adhering to established standards for food portions, sizes and methods of garnishing.
• Continually reviews kitchen operations for improvements in the food production area.
• May assist with coordinating banquets and other social functions.
• Follows all food safety, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines as applicable.
• May assist other food and beverage staff as needed.
• Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
• Hours are determined by 24-hour schedule and subject to change.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• Two to five years of professional kitchen experience.
• One year in a supervisory capacity and experience in high volume cooking preferred.
• Culinary Arts/Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be knowledgeable in HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) guidelines for food safety, sanitation and preparation.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State health card (food worker card).
• SERVSAFE certified preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.