Grow with us...
Life at SH is based on a simple idea: the world is beautiful and we want to keep it that way, which means holding ourselves accountable for maintaining the safety and security of the building, grounds and physical plant, while being mindful of energy conservation, preventative maintenance, capital expenditures and performance against budget. Our team at 1 Hotel Central Park is searching for an experienced Engineering Manager who’ll lead the overall maintenance team and our facilities, develop strategies to maximize our financial performance, and meticulously maintain the standards of all regulatory requirements. Reporting to the General Manager, the Engineering Manager is responsible for oversight of the Engineering department, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. We’re seeking a proven communicator, an effective motivator, and a natural collaborator, who’ll lead by example, and influence the teams to remain open, imaginative and solution focused. Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.
What you will be doing...
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Engineering department & ongoing repair and maintenance of the entire hotel and F&B facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintains effective Energy Management. Continuously looks for energy efficient solutions and innovative projects and stays informed of market trends; Introduces new products and services to drive guest engagement and ensures competitive position in market.
- Regularly lead, mentor and coordinate activities of the engineering staff engaged in maintaining and repairing the physical structure of the building promptly and efficiently to the required standard; Prepare requisitions for materials and spare parts that are needed to ensure all team members have proper supplies to perform their job and maintain par & ensures all contracts are up to date in compliance.
- Conduct regular departmental meetings, performance evaluations and ensure ongoing development of Engineering team to ensure effective communication and standards are adhered to in the department; Ensure the proper processing of payroll & scheduling.
- Oversee departmental budget under the direction of the Hotel General Manager, including forecasting, budgeting, capital planning and proposals to ensure ongoing maintenance of the hotel and that all contracts are up to date and in compliance.
- Ensure all local, state and federal law compliance and building codes are adhered to.
- Lead the hotels Fire Safety & Emergency Evacuation Teams.
- A high school degree or GED; Minimum 3 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience managing an organized labor work force preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements as they relate to the hotel and chemical storage as per OSHA
- Possess a LEED-GA certification or obtain within the 1st year of employment.
- Excels at communication, both verbal and written.
- Is flexible and willing to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
- Designed by nature work environment
Work/Life Balance - Generous Paid Time off, holiday pay, paid time to give back
Wellness - Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision; Company paid Health and Wellness program to promote healthy living; delicious, healthy complimentary snacks and beverages.
Retirement Planning - 401(k)/Retirement Savings Plan
Career Advancement Opportunities - Were growing rapidly and with growth comes advancement opportunities!
SH University - Offers eligible team members a chance to grow and flourish from obtaining professional development and courses/certifications through our exclusive online learning educational platform.
Team Member Recognition program - Earn rewards and pay it forward, while doing all the good you can!
SH Hotels & Resorts is committed to providing diversity in our workplace that is representative at all levels, for the communities we serve. We celebrate equal employment opportunities embracing an environment of mutual respect without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. It’s a responsibility we all share—it’s 1 world.