At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Leverage experience in the casino industry to bring in, maintain, and assist with acquisition of players to the property by using marketing tools, such as outside acquisition campaigns and resort amenities to increase the number of premium players to the property.
• Acts as a mentor and lead to other casino hosts.
• Handles the daily administrative functions required of the department.
• Makes room reservations, suite determinations, amenities, and other arrangements as necessary for casino guests. Complete all necessary paperwork (i.e. invoices, comp slips, reservation request forms etc.). Greets guests upon arrival whenever possible.
• Maintain a high level of player recognition, confidentiality and personal service to existing guests.
• Assists with development of Player Development strategic planning.
• Actively develops and maintains guest loyalty and incremental visitation through personal contact such as on-property hosting, off-property entertaining, telemarketing, direct mail, and email using available amenities and promotional opportunities.
• Able to regain guest loyalty under difficult circumstances. Proactively reestablishes relationship with former guests through various marketing programs
• Make appropriate business decisions, based on recorded play, earned points, comp availability and customer profitability, including approve and monitor comp issuance based on player performance and host discretion
• Ability to handle difficult situations, interactions, guest inquiries/and or complaints that may arise with tact and professionalism in positive manner while following all appropriate internal controls and guidelines.
• Respond to guest requests, questions or problems in a timely fashion. Must be able to resolve and handle difficult situations on the spot
• Maintain strong presence on the Casino floor to identify prospective players
• Act as liaison between the Player Development department and other departments to ensure needs of casino players are met
• Plan, develop, review and maintain analytic database for the department.
• Attend player events, interact with invited players, and provide guest service in a professional and courteous manner
• Meet goals and objectives for daily phone calls, emails and letters mailed to current, inactive, and prospective high-end players for increased casino revenue
• Work with internal guests to ensure a successful and productive work environment and completion of work projects
• Must be able to work any schedule; days, swing, and graveyard. Holidays and weekends required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service and communication skills required
• Highly skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with situations where limited standardization can exist.
• College degree preferred in business, marketing, sales, or hospitality management
• Minimum of (5) years related experience and/or training in sales or casino business including table games and slots, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Player tracking system knowledge required.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment dealing with sensitive issues and maintain confidentially with strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence, prepare, read and interpret documents
• Skilled in effectively communicating information through verbal and written correspondence to employees, managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively with individuals and before groups of people
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class A gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This position requires being able to walk and/or stand for entire shifts. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.