Under the direction of the Table Games Shift Manager, the Table Games Floor Supervisor is responsible for supervising the activity of all table games, ensuring the gaming activity and dealing procedures comply with Table Games Department policies and procedures. The Table Games Floor Supervisor monitors and supports team members assigned to their areas, and additionally may conduct a variety of casino games; providing prompt and courteous service to all gaming patrons.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Supervises the operations of the games in their section. Monitors the games, players and dealers to ensure maximum game protection. Ensures all gaming policies, rules and procedures are adhered to. Accurately tracks the table drop and monitors player wins and table wins/losses. Maintains the proper chip inventory for all tables and determines the need for fills/credits. Understands and adheres to all Title 31 procedures. Assists with dealer rotations and breaks. Verifies and awards jackpots and other promotional winners.
2. Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Ensures all guests receive a high level of quality service. Explains and interprets the rules of the games to guests.
Deals effectively with guest issues/complaints.
3. Fills out various work related forms including Title 31 and multiple transaction logs. Corrects errors on the games and makes game related decisions. Coordinates and schedules the opening and closing of all games.
4. Supervises the work of team members under their authority and evaluates their performance.
5. Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include coaching and training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!