Posted July 12, 2021Epping Forest Yacht and Country Club
Epping Forest Yacht Club is one of the most premier places to work in Northeast Florida. Apply today and take advantage of a unique opportunity to work at this historic property. People are our greatest asset, and we are currently seeking people like you who have a desire to join our team.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must have six months of full service restaurant, private club server, or banquet server experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must know basic service steps (how to wait a table) and have a good understanding of beverages - alcoholic and nonalcoholic.
JOB SUMMARY: Insure members have a very enjoyable dining experience by having a positive attitude, knowing the product, delivering top quality service, knowing and using the member’s names, exceeding the members’ expectations, and being a team player.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Be punctual at all times and arrive to work on time, consistently.
2. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
3. Clothing must be in proper taste, crisp, clean, and in good repair, upon entering the property, including wearing name tag. Demeanor must be professional and welcoming.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; Management has final approval.
5. Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and safety features.
6. Learn and follow all safety procedures, especially those pertaining to lifting and carrying heavy objects.
7. Make sure all side work is complete, before opening.
8. Set up tables: glass and silver are clean and lined up properly; salt and pepper shakers are clean and filled; chairs, including legs and table bases are clean; flowers look good; ashtrays are on table and clean; sugar holders are full and clean; and table cloth is crisp and hanging properly.
9. Attend pre-shift meeting to learn daily specials, and miscellaneous information.
10. Greet members and their guests IMMEDIATELY and with a SMILE.
11. Guide members and their guests through the course of their dining experience, communicating frequently with them.
12. Communicate with the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager as to when to close.
13. Clean station and side work as required.
14. Check out with the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager before leaving.
15. Perform other jobs that will assist in quality member service as assigned by the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager.
16. Take monthly inventory of china, glass and silver when assigned.
Varied schedule including weekdays/weeknights/weekends and holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
compensation: $5.63/hour + grats
Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club combines turn-of-the-century romance and world-class amenities in a setting of historical significance. Built in 1926 by industrialist Alfred I. duPont and wife Jesse Ball duPont as their Florida residence, Epping Forest was quickly distinguished as one of the country’s finest estates. Many illustrious guests, such as the Vanderbilts, Carnegies, Goulds, Presidents Gerald Ford and Anwar Sadat, graced its rooms for lavish parties. In the early 1970s, Epping Forest became the home of the Raymond K. Mason family. In 1984, Gate acquired Epping Forest from the Mason family. The company strongly believed that the estate should be preserved for future enjoyment of Jacksonville’s citizens. Recognized on the National Register of Historic Places, Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club now offers a traditional elegance reminiscent of times gone by, while offering the modern conveniences of today.
Meticulously restored to its original splendor, the duPont Mansion offers casual and gourmet dining with a level of service unmatched by its peers. The first floor glass terrace dining rooms and second story private dining and banquet facilities offer members and guests an unforgettable view of the English Gardens and St. Johns River. From Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club, one can enjoy a breathtaking sunset over the widest point of the St. Johns River. This view, along with award winning cuisine, exceptional service and banquet facilities, set the ideal scene for wedding receptions, private parties and group functions. Members also have access to a private marina and enjoy cruises, dock parties, sailing instruction, camps and a rental fleet.
The 12,000 square-foot Fitness Center showcases a large selection of the highest quality cardiovascular, circuit training and free weight equipment. Personal consultation and instruction are available along with an array of aerobic, yoga, Pilates and Spinning classes. Separate locker rooms are complete with steamroom, sauna, whirlpool and showers. Members also enjoy six pools, including a heated lap pool and separate adult and family pool areas. Family activities offered at Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club include our Cub’s Den nursery, children’s playground, family nights, swim team and many others. On-site tennis professionals are available to teach group and private lessons on six well-manicured, illuminated tennis courts. League play, camps and racquet stringing are also available. The Wheelhouse Café offers quick, full service menu items, seven days a week.