At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Provides attentive and friendly service to customers.
• Takes and fills orders from casino guests, cocktail servers and restaurant servers.
• Mixes proper ingredients using established proportions to prepare cocktails and other beverages.
• Uses proper glassware and garnishes for beverages being prepared.
• Communicates menu offerings to guests as applicable.
• Maintains knowledge of drinks, wines and special offers.
• Attends mandatory department meetings and trainings.
• Maintains knowledge of Casino Promotions and Events.
• Collects payment from guests and returns change in an accurate and timely manner.
• Operates, balances, and reconciles cash till and Point of Sale (POS) sales as trained.
• Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
• Monitors consumption of alcohol by guests.
• Provides service of alcohol within the guidelines set forth by the MAST training program.
• Ensures all work stations are stocked, neat, clean and sanitary.
• Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Certificate from a college or technical/bartending school or one (1) year experience as a Bartender or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Prior experience working in a lounge, bar, tavern or sit down restaurant.
• Prior experience in a casino environment desired.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts.
• Must be able to lift and move heavy items (such as 180 pound kegs) on a regular basis.
• Prior cash handling experience desired.
• Point of Sales (POS) skills a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Health Card (Food Worker Card).
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) Class 12 Mixologist Permit.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally. Occasionally involves carrying, pushing, and pulling 40 to 65 pounds. Occasionally lifts and/or moves 180 pound kegs with assistance. Requires repetitive movement with the ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.