Posted February 9, 2021Angel of the Winds Casino Resort
At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Greets and interacts with guests in a friendly, professional, and attentive manner. Interactions can be face to face, by telephone or via our internet ordering application.
• Runs food orders to guests via curbside, room service and to the casino floor.
• Recognizes and uses guests name once it is relayed and or shows up on caller ID or their credit card.
• Assist in communicates menu offerings to guests via telephone, internet or room service.
• Sometimes takes and always delivers food and beverage orders of casino guests in an accurate and timely manner. Some orders will be delivered curbside to guests or our Grub Hub delivery person
• Assists in the cleaning and resetting, restocking the to go supplies and desk area before and after each shift.
• Provides service of alcohol within the guidelines set forth by the MAST training program for room service orders.
• Sometimes assists with collecting money and returns change to guests in an accurate and timely manner.
• If working as a cashier in the absence of the regular cashier, will be responsible for all monies coming in and out of the to go area during operating hours.
• Ensures all to go work stations are stocked, neat, clean and sanitary.
• Follows all food safety and sanitation guidelines as applicable.
• Completes all side work in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Works days, nights, weekends, special events and holidays as needed.
• Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
• Secure proper payment from guests.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• 6 months to a year related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience as a restaurant server preferred.
• Must be able to lift and carry a server’s tray and dinner plates on a continuous basis.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Health Card (Food Worker Card).
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) Class 13 Servers Permit.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.