At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Greets and interacts with guests in a friendly, professional, and attentive manner.
• Escorts guests to restaurant tables and presents them with clean menus.
• Organization of station planning and dining room assignments.
• Takes guests names for waiting list and quotes wait times to guests accurately.
• Observes tables and keeps tracks of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
• Collects money and returns change to guests in an accurate and timely manner.
• Operates, balances, and reconciles cash till and Point of Sales (POS).
• Responds to guest inquiries regarding menu offerings and/or specials.
• Ensures all work stations are stocked, neat, clean and sanitary.
• Answers phones for reservations and room service.
• Rings in room service and give them to server assistant in a timely manner.
• Follows all food safety and sanitation guidelines as applicable.
• Responsible for all monies coming in and out of the restaurant during operating hours.
• Works days, nights, weekends, special events and holidays as needed.
• Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• Must be 18 years of age.
• Ability to maintain professional, courteous, and effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and outside business contacts.
• Must be customer service oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• One to three months related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have one to three months cash handling experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Washington State Health Card (Food Worker Card).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.