Posted April 11, 2021San Manuel Casino
Under the direction of the Director, Compensation & Benefits, the Total Rewards & Benefits Compliance Manager is responsible for the administration and management of employee benefits and compensation programs for San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The primary focus of this role is to manage all aspects of the employee benefits program. This includes health and welfare plans, retirement plans, life insurance, time off, wellness programs and any other employee benefit plans, while evaluating their effectiveness concurrently. The individual selected is responsible for evaluating and making recommendations on compensation strategies to attract and retain talent. Must analyze compensation policies, guidelines and procedures, and recommend program operational revisions/enhancements to support the enterprise goals and competitive practices. This position ensures that the benefits and compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulation. Must also maintain a strict level of confidentiality of work-related issues, records and company information and act in a manner consistent with all legal and regulatory requirements and in compliance with relevant laws and regulations such as managing data in accordance with the company’s record retention policies and procedures for state and federal laws and regulations. The Total Rewards & Compliance Manager will also collaborate, initiate, and support opportunities with other functions by championing the goals and priorities of the Tribe in a manner that faithfully reflects and upholds the Tribes vision, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1, Manage and assess the effectiveness of current programs in achieving organizational objectives, identify best practices and benchmarks, and develop recommendations for modifications to align to HR strategy and business goals by effectively planning and directing the implementation and administration of all benefit plans, including annual open enrollment efforts.
2. Partner with HR and leadership on appropriate total reward packages to recruit and retain talent by developing and coordinating communications strategies and activities designed to educate and inform employees about total rewards, while managing and collaborating with vendors and external partners, including managing performance of contracts to ensure that maximum value of services is delivered.
3. Evaluate the benefits and compensation landscape to understand and learn from best practices through benchmarking and industry research and employment trends, track legislation and make recommendations.
4. Prepare annual budget for total rewards and manage expenditures related to benefit programs.
5. Serve as the point of escalation for benefits and compensation analysts responding to employees and manager’s questions regarding all benefit and compensation related matters.
6. Responsible for all ACA reporting and keeps abreast of regulatory changes affecting benefit plans to ensure company benefit plans and practices are in compliance with external regulatory requirements.
7. Develop internal operating procedures and controls to administer and manage benefits and daily compensation operations.
8. Determine and implement metrics that assess and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing Total Rewards programs and new initiatives.
9. Communicate actively with Accounting, Finance, Operations, HR and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
10. Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department, along with any other responsibilities, tasks and assignments that contribute to the mitigation or response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required; Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits, Wellness programs).
Minimum of six (6) years of supervisory experience.
Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
Working Compensation and Benefits Committee experience, as well as previous Payroll experience.
Sound knowledge of the Regulatory and Legislative imperatives and impacts related to Total Rewards programs (FLSA, Sec 125, ERISA, 409A, HIPAA, etc.).
Experience working with contemporary HR Technology platforms (i.e. Workday) & HR systems integrations
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as front line presentation skills.
Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and priorities within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel; Advanced proficiency with Outlook and PowerPoint.
Must be personable and professional, capable of using caution and discretion in communication.
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification preferred.
At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
San Manuel Casino is located in Highlands, CA, just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles, and a short drive from LA-Ontario International Airport. The gaming facility is operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority, an economic instrumentality of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians. The casino floor contains over 4,800 of the latest and most innovative slot machines in a state-of-the-art facility. It features over 130 Vegas-style poker and blackjack tables, an exclusive high-limit room, and a designated Poker room.
Food & Beverage venues include Big Mo’ Cafe, Tutu's Food Court with fast-food options around the clock, Rock & Brews with a wide selection of craft burgers and craft beer from around the world, as well as legendary comedian George Lopez's Chingon Kitchen, which provides an authentic Mexican dining experience. Guests can dance the night away with DJ's at Bar Bar Bar, listen to Rock'n Roll tribute bands on stage at Rock & Brews, or enjoy Latin music at George Lopez's Chingon Tequila Lounge.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry. At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be. Apply today to join our team!