Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Greet all guests upon arrival with a warm welcome.
• Assist guests with check in, obtaining all the required information and establishing a form of payment and assign the correct type of room type booked by the guest while also accommodating any special requests.
• Be able to rectify problems with guest or co-workers in a diplomatic and timely manner.
• Give the guest undivided attention while handling information/requests.
• Promote all hotel functions and facilities.
• Assist guest to understand their folios upon check out and rectify any billing issues presented.
• Be able to operate Agilysys & SpaSoft software and perform a variety of tasks pertaining to future, current and historical guest reservations.
• Be able to make guest reservations
• Actively engage guests at all times, greet all guests in passing
• Ensure all guest requests are logged, dispatched and followed up to ensure satisfaction upon completion.
• Be able to respond properly ensuring all concerns are resolved to satisfaction.
• Cash handling experience is an asset.
• Deposit all monies taken in during your shift according to the procedures.
• Possess knowledge of the community and area in which the hotel is located to assist guests with information on special events (sporting, theatre, movies, entertainment and restaurants).
• Be able to lead the guest in the right direction.
• Be able to maintain enough supplies at the desk for the day’s use.
• Be able to work flexible hours, including nights and holidays.
• Submit all lost and found articles accompanied by a Lost and Found report.
• Be able to communicate with other departments to collaborate resolutions to issues presented.
• Be able to answer the phone according to the procedures.
• Be able to precisely adhere to and execute all Front Office SOPs, as directly by Leadership.
• Provide other assistance to guests as necessary to ensure the highest quality of service.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Previous guest service experience, High school diploma or equivalent, 2 years of college preferred, strong organization and maintenance skills, detail oriented, effective leadership, organizational and communication skills, strong team player, ability to successfully and flawlessly execute multiple tasks at the same time, enthusiastic to learn and accomplish the Front Office Department & property goals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Before making the decision, know what is at stake and know the consequences.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate and work well with fellow employees and maintain a presentable appearance, behavior and manner at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must have the ability to stand at the front desk for at least 8 hours of the shift.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. If the situation becomes uncomfortable for you to handle, ask for supervisor’s assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Soak up the style and tranquility of the luxurious Mayfair at Coconut Grove. Located in the heart of Coconut Grove, this artistic masterpiece blends design elements from Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, Mexico, and South America, to pamper guests in an atmosphere that is both intimate and indulgent. Your experience begins in our stunning lobby where a single door set in a hand-carved mahogany frame welcomes you to the heart of Coconut Grove. Glide past the Gaudi-inspired façade and into a realm of Old World elegance. From there, rich Amazon Ironwood, sculptured plaster ceilings crafted by artisans from across the globe, and stained-glass windows by Louis Comfort Tiffany are the perfect complement to our thoughtful and intuitive service.