Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, and/or the Assistant Superintendent, the Irrigation Technician will maintain and repair irrigation systems throughout the golf course.
• Repair and maintain irrigation system, approximately 50% of the time
• Perform golf course maintenance activities, utilizing proper methods, approximately 20% of the time
• Perform required tasks to insure proper irrigation of golf course. Consistently monitoring system pressure and sprinkler heads to prevent future leaks, approximately 15% of the time
• Install irrigation system additions and modifications, approximately 10% of the time
• Participate in company and/or department training meetings, approximately 5% of the time
• Other tasks assigned by managers inside and outside of assigned department
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform combination of supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Clean maintenance area and equipment.
• Report any challenges to supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Five years of golf course maintenance experience.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to recognize, communicate and/or resolve irrigation repair and maintenance challenges.
• Ability to safely operate golf course equipment.
• Knowledge of methods, techniques, equipment and tools used in golf course irrigation repair and maintenance.
• Ability to walk, stand, bend and kneel for long periods.
• Ability to walk long distances over all types of terrain in all types of weather.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work alone or with limited supervision.
• Ability to lift, push, pull heavy objects (20-100 lbs.)
• Ability to follow and complete instructions.
• Ability to communicate in the English language. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa puts you in the midst of one of Phoenix, Arizona’s most naturally beautiful places. The region’s only AAA Four-Diamond, all-suite hotel is ideally situated on the doorstep of 17,000 acres of South Mountain Preserve, the largest municipal park in the world and the most visited hiking destination in the state. The Arizona Grand Resort & Spa serves up stunning perspectives and unique Southwestern touches that make your visit to Phoenix feel naturally grand.
Whether attending an event, making a quick getaway or taking the annual family vacation, you’ll be warmly welcomed and well cared for at our luxury hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
The resort is conveniently located just six miles from Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport, and features a variety of exciting amenities that put you in a world beyond, including:
As a family-owned company, the mission of Classic Hotels & Resorts is to attract and retain innovative, results-driven individuals who will foster a service culture built upon our foundation of family-oriented core values.
Classic Hotels & Resorts’ leaders and team members share a vision…to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations, connecting with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again. In order to be successful at any of our world-class properties, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards.
Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our properties and our company.
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.