Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Director of Food & Beverage to join Graduate Annapolis and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community’s travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
We are a diverse team of experience makers and storytellers. As a Graduate Hotels team member, you are the local insider shaping guest experiences. Our goal is to make every guest feel like a local even if it's their first time in town. In order to help you deliver on that goal, we encourage our team members to embody the same mindset as our guests through Graduate experiences and encouraged community exploration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversees all aspects of the hotel’s food and beverage planning and service, with duties to include leadership of staff, cost management, preparation and presentation of food and drinks, and adherence to quality and safety standards
· Acts as a liaison to third party kitchen management partner to ensure that quality and consistency of product and efficiency matches standards and specifications
· Works with hotel sales team to ensure that banquet operations are to the standards of the hotel and specifications of the clients
· Involved with all day-to-day functions including staff management, guest interactions, office administration duties, vendor communications, and labor costs
· Ensures operational standards are met regarding sanitation codes and laws, food storage, and loss prevention
· Responsible for selection, development and retention of food and beverage staff
· Provides direction and directives to managers and staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives
· Ensures F&B associates are providing excellent guest service by circulating through dining areas, lounges and event spaces
· Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guests concerns or complaints
· Responsible for Brand Activation initiatives
· Reports to General Manager and regional leadership to ensure that financial targets are being met and appropriate accounting procedures are being followed consistently. If financial targets are not being met, provide an analysis of the problem and determine a specific plan of action
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
· Minimum of 5 years training in food and beverage operations
· Bachelors Level and/or Culinary Degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability to provide legible communication and directions
· Familiarity with food and beverage costs controls
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills
About Graduate Hotels®
Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 28 hotels across the U.S. and an additional seven hotels set to open by the end of 2021. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a vertically integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit www.graduatehotels.com.
*Graduate Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our hotel rooms are ready for a night like you’ve never had before, where little moments of surprise and discovery will meet you down every corridor and around each corner, including Malin + Goetz amenities and complimentary Wi-Fi. Be prepared to be inspired.
Just a short stroll from the U.S. Naval Academy, St. John’s College and Chesapeake Bay, our hotel is located in the heart of the Annapolis Arts District. Guest rooms celebrate bayside style, Navy pomp and campus lore. Gather your crew for a cappuccino at Poindexter Coffee or enjoy fresh coastal eats and cocktails at Camp Severn Shore.
Just a short walk from the campuses of the U.S. Naval Academy and St. John’s College, Graduate Annapolis is the ideal location for your next event. With nearly 20,000 square feet of flexible event space, we offer a variety of distinct settings to host groups of up to 500 guests.
Savor the carefree spirit of summer at our restaurant Camp Severn Shore, with coastal bites and throwback drinks. Morning or late night, Poindexter Coffee serves up our signature breakfast sandwiches and café favorites alongside caffeinated creations.