Posted February 16, 2021JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa
Scope of Position
The Accounts Payable/General Cashiers’ primary responsibilities is to prepare the hotel’s daily bank deposits, control all house funds, issue, audit and maintain all hotel banks according to the Hotel’s policies and procedures. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring proper documentation and approvals for all hotel invoices. Ensures that all invoices are entered in the accounts payable system in a timely manner.
• 2 years’ experience as a General Cashier and/or in an Accounts Payable position in a large-scale hotel, preferred.
• Experience using hotel operating systems.
• Strong organizational, computer, cash handling skills
• Must have competent computer and data entry skills.
• Retrieves remittance envelopes from deposit vault and verifies totals.
• Consolidate and prepare the daily bank deposits in a timely manner.
• Performs bank audit at random on a monthly basis.
• Perform a daily count of the main house bank and document the results.
• Provide monetary change to Associates with house banks.
• Processes petty cash petty cash disbursements according to established guidelines.
• Prepare and maintain Over/Short report by cashier on a daily basis.
• Maintain a daily cash over/short log.
• Maintain current house bank agreements.
• Prepare and maintain a log on all issued house banks.
• Verify that invoices are supported by approved purchase orders and signed receiving documentation.
• Work closely with Purchasing Director/Manager to ensure Purchase Orders are available to serve as backup for all invoices.
• Maintain vendors’ files in alphabetical enclosing invoices and backup attached to all checks.
• Code invoices to the appropriate general ledger account as per the current Chart of Accounts.
• Maintain an approved up-to-date vendor database with W-9 backup.
• Responds in a timely manner to invoice inquiries received from vendors.
• Perform any other duties assigned by management.
• High school diploma.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Experience using computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
• On a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long periods of time in front of a computer screen.
• Intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk.
• Use telephone and computer keyboard on a daily basis.
• Must be physically fit in order to lift, pull and push items up to 50 pounds.
• Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.
Discover luxury services, modern amenities and a stylish setting at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa. Elegantly designed, our spacious rooms and suites provide relaxing comfort with marble bathrooms and private balconies overlooking the resort's tropical grounds. Our resort features BOURBON Steak by Michael Mina, serving signature cuts of prime meat, local seafood and a fine selection of over 1,000 wines. For casual fare, you can visit CORSAIR kitchen & bar, Surf House, or Freestyle. Let little ones join in days of fun at Tidal Cove Water Park while you lounge poolside in a private luxury cabana. Golf enthusiasts can vie for under par scores at our two 18-hole championship courses, while our exquisite full-service spa is a tranquil haven for beauty and wellness. Paradise is waiting for you just North of Miami at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa.