Posted February 16, 2021Marriott International
The Senior Network Engineer, Cloud & Datacenter is responsible for designing efficient and optimal networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, cloud computing virtual networks, software defined networks, and other data communications systems. As part of a high performing team of network technologists, the Senior Network Engineer engages in technical workgroups, resolves and makes decisions on complex and high-risk issues, performs research, analysis, design, creation, and implementation of infrastructure systems to meet current and future user requirements. This role is accountable for establishing cross team relationships and partnering with all business disciplines, other MI teams, outsourcing vendors, and external suppliers to define and implement the Cloud and Datacenter Network roadmap, building and enforcing the standards defined in it. This position will also engage to define and support service delivery and operational support standards for our datacenter and cloud networks, partner with the global technology peer teams to meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across the portfolio.
Reporting to the Sr Dir, Cloud & Datacenter Network, this key position is responsible to ensure overall requirements by customers and peer delivery and operations groups are met. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: continental IT executives, property LAN service providers (LSPs), end-user computing services delivery, hosting services, enterprise availability, server, storage, virtualization, inclusive of security/privacy, risk management, and disaster and crisis management. The successful candidate will provide senior technical engagement for all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle from ideation through execution, and ongoing management and support of the end-to-end network servicing all Marriott cloud and datacenter network systems. (S)/He will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize, optimize, and automate the network designs, tooling, and operations to reduce implementation cycle times, eliminate service downtime, optimize performance, and ensure that all security and compliance requirements are fully governed.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESLeadership
· Develop complex global distributed infrastructure solutions residing within multiple country borders.
· Provide program management assistance and contribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs.
· Manage Cloud and Datacenter Network products and solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for Marriott applications across the cloud and datacenter network
· Define and implement an operational Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) strategy for all Cloud and Datacenter Network Infrastructure areas.
· Establish cross team level relationships and partnering with all Business disciplines and other MI teams to define IT Cloud and Datacenter Network services, meet service level requirements and serve as an escalation point to resolve service delivery and operational issues.
· Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional Cloud and Datacenter Network infrastructure.
· Foster an environment of continuous improvement and structured processes and procedures that support a zero-fault culture.
Strategy & Planning
· Actively engages with VP of Global Networks in the creation of long-term and annual IT budgets/spending targets for the Cloud and Datacenter Network infrastructure area.
· Deliver Cloud and Datacenter Network technical support to meet defined service levels that are benchmarked against industry standards and metrics.
· Monitor area usage/demand of services provided by either the internal organization or outsources partners to ensure that shared services actual expenditures are in line with planned spending.
· Track actual utilization of services and products, including reporting of supplier performance, in meeting business service expectations and service levels.
· Responsible for ensuring usage / demand of Cloud and Datacenter Network delivery actual versus planned expenditures are monitored.
· Responsible for ensuring projected resource baselines are managed, forecasted and reconciled against actual utilization of services.
· Ensure key Cloud and Datacenter Network technology management processes are effectively managed including: governance, operations, planning, and change management.
· Define requirements, strategy, solutions, and standards for Cloud and Datacenter Network infrastructure to meet business needs and adhere with enterprise architecture & security standards.
· Approve and oversee projects to implement and maintain services.
· Partner on all aspects of the technology lifecycle including requirements, product and services management, planning, procurement, installation, support and retirement in conjunction with other Infrastructure VPs, Enterprise Architecture, and the business planning teams.
· Support the development of and compliance with Marriott’s enterprise architecture, engineering, and design plans.
· Ensure participation of appropriate technical expertise in technical requirements gathering and solution design phases of assigned projects.
· Continuously improve operations processes, develop and present best practices, technical concepts and technologies for innovative Cloud and Datacenter Network solutions.
Drive a High-Performing Team
· Generate enthusiasm and understanding of the department vision and how each role contributes to the achievement of that vision.
· Ensure capabilities are developed and resources are aligned to support the strategy.
· Attract, motivate, develop, and retain highly skilled technologists and leaders; champion and model leadership development.
· Create and sustain a work environment that drives associate engagement and enables business success.
· Ensure appropriate processes are in place and executed to encourage collaboration and drive alignment within the team and with the broader IT organization.
· Serve as a role model and ensure network engineers are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, and service providers.
· Demonstrate extensive operational support capability with strong ITIL best practices (i.e. Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Capacity Management, Release Management, Service Level Management)Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
It means feeling the power of belonging. We feel it each and every day. It comes from being recognized. It comes from knowing Marriott International sees talent in each of us. And, it comes from working together, as a family, to make our guests feel as much at home as we do. It's why so many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career.
We believe our strength is rooted in our five core values:
These values are our legacy and our future. As we pursue our vision of making Marriott the #1 travel company in the world, we never lose sight of our founding principles and our proud heritage. We are constantly innovating and evolving, but we'll always stay true to who we are, because we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do.