Posted February 16, 2021JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa
Scope of Position
The Housekeeping Supervisor will inspect guest rooms, etc. after being cleaned by Room Attendant to ensure quality standards. He/she will maintain superior standards of presentation and cleanliness in all areas of the resort while ensuring the safety and confidentiality of all guests. The Housekeeping Supervisor will act as a leader to all Housekeeping personnel and assist with guest/Associate issues.
• Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment.
• At least 1 year of Housekeeping Supervisor experience in a hotel or equivalent.
• Ability to communicate clearly with guests, Associates, and Housekeeping staff.
• Ability to handle a multitude of tasks in an ever-changing environment.
• Effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and responding to the concerns and issues raised by guests.
• Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision.
• Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in a professional, service-oriented manner.
• Verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
• Conduct daily inspections of guest rooms and floors assigned to room attendants, and house attendants.
• Notify Room Attendant/House Attendant of any deficiencies found and return to correct when applicable.
• Inspect show rooms.
• Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities.
• Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, and Front Office.
• Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk.
• Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes on assignment sheets/work boards.
• Handle guest complaints and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas to service guests.
• Assist with and lead room attendant, turndown attendant, and house attendant with daily duties.
• Communicate concerns/opportunities to the next shift.
• Must be able to perform all Room Attendant and House Attendant duties.
• Work with all Housekeeping Associates to maintain and improve guest service scores.
• Confirm that all daily duties are completed to standard by: Room Attendants, and House Attendant.
• Train and coach Associates on expected standards of service and conduct.
• Report and follow up with engineering issues.
• Be up to date on all guest services and events in the hotel.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required by management.
• High school diploma or GED
Skills and Abilities
• Able to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
• Able to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of proper chemical handling, cleaning techniques and use of equipment, machinery.
• Experience using software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be physically fit in order to lift, pull and push items up to 50 pounds.
• Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.
Discover luxury services, modern amenities and a stylish setting at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa. Elegantly designed, our spacious rooms and suites provide relaxing comfort with marble bathrooms and private balconies overlooking the resort's tropical grounds. Our resort features BOURBON Steak by Michael Mina, serving signature cuts of prime meat, local seafood and a fine selection of over 1,000 wines. For casual fare, you can visit CORSAIR kitchen & bar, Surf House, or Freestyle. Let little ones join in days of fun at Tidal Cove Water Park while you lounge poolside in a private luxury cabana. Golf enthusiasts can vie for under par scores at our two 18-hole championship courses, while our exquisite full-service spa is a tranquil haven for beauty and wellness. Paradise is waiting for you just North of Miami at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa.