Posted February 16, 2021JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa
Scope of Position
The Overnight Security Officer is to ensure the safety and security of all guests, members associates, patrons and visitors. The Officer will strive to provide the highest degree of professional and courteous service as well as protect and care the assets of the resort.
• Outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and communication skills.
• Handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
• Must have clear criminal background
• CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications, preferred.
• Knowledge of MS Shift, Key Watcher, SAFLOK is a plus.
• At least 1 year of progressive experience in a luxury resort or equivalent.
• Ensure each guest receives a warm, personal greeting at every interaction.
• Always comply with JW Marriott Turnberry Miami standards and regulations to encourage a safe and
efficient resort operation.
• Adhere to office policies set forth by security management.
• Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
• Assist guests to their rooms or assist guest’s w/entry into their rooms according to hotel standards.
• Assist during medical emergencies.
• Answer phones using standard greeting and assist the caller with their needs.
• Maintain continual surveillance of resort areas, bordering property, and CCTV systems.
• Always use proper radio etiquette.
• Complete security activity logs, documenting all activity during shift.
• Respond to all incidents in a timely manner.
• Ensure all incident reports are completed accurately.
• Defuse any incidents of threats or violence within the resort.
• Respond to emergency situations, including medical, security, guest complaints, etc.
• Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
• Control all keys within the guidelines established.
• Check all packages and associate bags via the staff entrance/exit, or entrance of the parking areas.
• Challenge all suspicious persons and escort them off the property if warranted. Check and record
identification of suspicious persons.
• Conduct rounds throughout the resort, paying attention to unsecured areas. All discrepancies must be
• Knowledgeable of the resorts computerized locking system.
• Receive and process all lost and found items as per procedures established.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which will include wearing the proper
uniform, name tag and only issued
• Any additional duties requested by management.
• High school diploma; experience in a large hotel environment, preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
• Ability to work overnight and flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform
• Experience using computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be physically fit in order to lift, pull and push items up to 50 pounds.
• Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.
Discover luxury services, modern amenities and a stylish setting at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa. Elegantly designed, our spacious rooms and suites provide relaxing comfort with marble bathrooms and private balconies overlooking the resort's tropical grounds. Our resort features BOURBON Steak by Michael Mina, serving signature cuts of prime meat, local seafood and a fine selection of over 1,000 wines. For casual fare, you can visit CORSAIR kitchen & bar, Surf House, or Freestyle. Let little ones join in days of fun at Tidal Cove Water Park while you lounge poolside in a private luxury cabana. Golf enthusiasts can vie for under par scores at our two 18-hole championship courses, while our exquisite full-service spa is a tranquil haven for beauty and wellness. Paradise is waiting for you just North of Miami at JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa.