We are seeking a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Director of Sales & Marketing to join our team. The Director of Sales & Marketing will report to the General Manager and will work closely with the hotel’s Sales & Marketing team and Regional DOSM to drive our business and maximize revenues to exceed expectations. The successful candidate will lead the hotel into profitability through an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. The primary responsibility is to lead the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing plans that maximize profitability for the hotel to achieve budget, revenue, and market share targets.
Pre-Opening Experience a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide collaboration, mentoring, coaching and training to sales and catering team
- Continually assess strengths/challenges of sales team members
- Creates and explains a sense of urgency with the team to understand and achieve hotel needs.
- Prospect new clients
- Follow up on all sales leads and correspondence
- Maintain active sales contact on all assigned accounts and within assigned market segments
- Coordinate and facilitate sales calls with the hotel and corporate teams
- Maintain up to date trace files for follow up
- Qualify clients, develop proposals, and prepare contracts
- Meet with key clients; establish and maintain relationships with clients
- Evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Prepare and maintain account files and required records
- Exercise hotel policies and procedures in accordance with the duties above
- Provide strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include: rate development; establishment of group thresholds; space utilization; deployment strategies through the review of competitive data; demand analysis; and market mix management
- Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments
- Perform all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the General Manager and Corporate Sales executives.
- A four-year college degree or equivalent experience/ education.
- Two years of sales experience, specifically in hotels
- Must possess communication skills with specific affinity to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence professionals and hotel guests
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/ marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations
- Strong administrative skills including business writing, mathematics for basic accounting, and intermediate knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally
- Physical ability for grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays, as necessary
- Occasional travel required
First Hospitality seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER